Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
Octave tuned harp
Posted by: WaltP (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 25, 2008 02:36AM

Hey everyone, Merry Christmas, and all that. This is the only time of the year you can play Christmas carols with not quite as many people being mad at you. I've recently drug out my octave-tuned 10-holer and quickly remembered how much fun it can be. It goes well with a lot of Christmas music. Are there any octave-tuned players out there?
I really can't describe the sound . I've heard it compared to a 12-string guitar. It's like playing in an echo chamber. I love it.
Walt

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Octave tuned harp
Posted by: gatman (---.lv.lv.cox.net)
Date: December 25, 2008 06:50AM

THANKS ALOT WALT!!! I don't own an octave tuned harp, but I am now intrigued enough to add it to mt wish list!!

Re: Octave tuned harp
Posted by: WaltP (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 25, 2008 03:46PM

Hey Gatman, is that THANKS A LOT because now I have to spend more money, or because, oh boy, a new harp.
Mine is a Hohner, Richter tuned. The comb has twice the number of holes, they're double stacked and so looks very fragile, but it does hold up. The spacing is more in tune with a chromatic or a 14-holer. It may be a little tough for a pucker player. At first I found it to be difficult, but when it clicked I was floored.
Walt
Oh yeah, MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.