Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
chrometta
Posted by: Justice (---.216.wightcablenorth.net)
Date: December 15, 2008 10:53PM

i got a chrometta as my first chromatic. Its cost around 40 pound making it the cheapest on on the market (of the main brands anyway). its well built and resonably sturdy with a good sound and tone considering the price. i found it almost easy to play, but sometimes the valves stuck, which is very annoying. It is also very bad on MY face, meaning when i play it my face cramps up and also after long periods of playing my lips are very tender and raw, once they where even bleeding.

So its very uncomfortable when you play it for long spells, and if it was not for the discomfort of playing i would give it an 7 or 8 because it pretty good, well built, nice sounding and resonably priced, but it just does not suit me. but other my find it fine.

because of the pain 5/10

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: chrometta
Posted by: WaltP (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 16, 2008 06:42PM

If you've been a diatonic player the size of the Chrometta may seem daunting. Valves stick on almost all chroms some time or other. As far as face cramping it will probably go away as you learn to relax on the instrument. When I was learning tongue switching my jaw felt like a rock when I tried to play out of the left side of my mouth. The bleeding makes me wonder though, perhaps it just means you'll end up being a phenomenal player, if you aren't already. Then again, try to loosen up.
The Chrometta has always been a bargain, and has a great tone, but bears no resemblance to a regular chrom.
Walt

Date: December 16, 2008 07:18PM

i have since moved on to a cx-12 and a hard booper and i had been a diatonic player before, now im a bit of both but with the other two i have no problem and no bleeding or cramps. And they sound better, cx-12 much better.

i wish i was phenomenal rather than the poor player i am but, i just play really hard, sort of attacking the harmonica with my face which is only leading to bleeding. But give it 20 years, i will be great then. probably anyway.

Posted by: WaltP (---.pghkny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 17, 2008 06:06PM

Attacking the harmonica with my face, leading to bleeding; wow, can you turn a phrase. Here's what I find interesting, the CX-12 is huge, I some-times found it's size to be disconcerting, but, the tone!
Walt

Date: December 17, 2008 09:25PM

haha, and yes a beast with a ballad tone, its smooth voice and its grizzly size, and at first for me it was weird, playing a huge harmonica that looks sort of industreal which sounded the oposite. And wheni was playing a little 8 hole chrometta comparded to the cx-12 it was a bit of getting used to. And it shape helps playing my, lets say aggersive way, much more forgiving on my mouth.

Posted by: LA (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: December 21, 2008 02:24PM

Watch the new video about valve sticking
[www.youtube.com]

It sure helped me as I was about to return my brand new Chrometta 14

Enjoy!

Date: December 21, 2008 06:07PM

Ive done that to my valves already LA, but thanks all the same, nice video. you should do it to every chromatic. I dont get why they dont do it at the factory?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.