Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
Hohner Super 64 Chromatic
Posted by: mmolino54 (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 11, 2007 12:22PM

With the input of some other players, I bid on a slightly used Hohner Super 64 chromatic on Ebay a few weeks ago and won it. It arrived at the end of last week. This is my first chromatic so I can't compare it to anything else, but I love it. The tone is great, the slide action on the button is smooth, and it's just a joy to play. It's a 16-holer so it's enormous compared to a diatonic, but it hasn't been as big an adjustment as I thought it might (I've played diatonicas exclusively for the past 10 months). New models range from $120-160 online, but I got this one for $93 (including shipping). It's got a plastic comb and all metal cover and mouth plates (held together with screws so maintenance is not as quick and easy as on the CX-12). Compared to a 12-hole, it has one additional lower octave, so the first four holes are actually number 1, 2, 3, 4 w/ dots above each hole and then the numbering starts over 1 thru 12 just like on a 12-hole chromatic. I highly recommend this particular model.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hohner Super 64 Chromatic
Posted by: chibluesteve (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: June 11, 2007 04:54PM

With that harp you cam play all my tabs.

C starts with the 1
C tenor starts with the 1 with the dot.

The best of both worlds.

Re: Hohner Super 64 Chromatic
Posted by: mmolino54 (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 11, 2007 05:01PM

I've already been checking them out and am having a lot of fun--thanks! I'm digging your Who songs right now. I'm trying to get myself away from just playing tabs so much in order to better develop my ear. I can see why you've been having a blast with the chromatic!
Keep harping,
Marc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.