Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
CD: Bahamut (Hazmat Modine)
Posted by: mmolino54 (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 11, 2007 12:15PM

I recently bought this album off of Itunes and it's really quite fantastic. Hazmat Modine hail from NY city and although they've been around for a while this is their debut CD. You'll be hard pressed to find another current band fronted by two such incredibly talented harmonica players as Wade Schuman (diatonic) and Randy Weinstein (chromatic and diatonic). Their music is hard to classify, but draws a lot of inspiration from music from the 20s thru the 60s--a little klezmer, rockabilly, middle-eastern, etc. It is a combination that sounds at once old and new at the same time. These days the concept of the album is losing ground as listeners make their own mixes or download singles, but this is one of those classic compiliations where all the songs work together as a whole, all of them are strong, and yet they don't just sound exactly like one another after a while. It might be an understatement to say I highly recommend this CD.

But don't take my word for it, check out their site and have a listen:
[www.hazmatmodine.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CD: Bahamut (Hazmat Modine)
Posted by: sully (199.43.32.---)
Date: June 12, 2007 05:59PM

I AGREE, The only thing better is LIVE, when in NYC NY go see them. They play Terra Blues all the time

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.