Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
The Suzuki FolkMaster
Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 30, 2005 05:51PM

While the Suzuki FolkMaster is quite obviously not a top-end instrument by its appearance and price (around $12 to $15), it's sound and performance will tell you otherwise. The responsiveness to bending and tonal qualities are very similar to it's slightly more expensive brother, the BluesMaster. The only real drawback to this harp is the way it is constructed. The reedplates are fully exposed, and stick out just slightly from the edge of the comb. The smooth feel of the BluesMaster makes the "rougher" texture of the FolkMaster feel more like a wood-body harp. The lower profile of the covers also lends to this rougher feel, as the harp feels rather thin (top to bottom) in the mouth. The price of the harp makes the lack of replaceable reed plates a non-issue, as most reed plate sets cost as much as this harp does.

Overall Rating: 4/5

Post Edited (09-30-05 14:53)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Suzuki FolkMaster
Posted by: sully (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: February 12, 2006 04:36AM

I think these are the harps Bushman sells as the Delta FRost

Posted by: pleuksar (---.nas4.gainesville1.fl.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: February 12, 2006 04:57AM

Do you THINK, or do you KNOW?

There is a difference...

Date: February 12, 2006 05:22PM

I know they buy the delta Frost from Suzuki, and the folk master is the closest model available from Suzuki

Posted by: pharpy (---.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 12, 2006 06:57PM

I think the Suzuki comparison to the DF is actually the HarpMaster, not the FolkMaster.

[www.suzukimusic.com]

The main reason I say this is because unlike the FolkMaster, the HarpMaster has the recessed reed plates, just like the Delta Frost.

Date: February 12, 2006 07:49PM

I think you are correct, looking at the link it seems the harpmaster to be closer to the DF.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.