General :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have something besides harmonicas on your mind? Talk about it here. 
Formatting Tabs
Posted by: GeorgeIII (172.68.211.---)
Date: January 14, 2018 08:31PM

I just posted a Tab (Because of You 1951) but I could not format the page as I wanted (I wanted to close up the lines)
Can anyone tell me how to do that?
Thanks
GIII

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Formatting Tabs
Posted by: yukon (172.68.65.---)
Date: January 16, 2018 08:48AM

I haven't done a tab directly in the add a tab box since I first started posting tabs many years ago, so if that is the way you posted I can't help you with that.

The way I post my tabs to keep them lined up and looking correct is that I do the tab in Microsoft Word, any word processor will work, I set the font to courier new and the size to 12, I never use more than 41 spaces on a line, because at one time this would make the tab come up incorrectly when posting it, when I am ready to post the tab I fill in all the headings then click on the toggle advance editor to get rid of it, the bar at the top of the editing screen will go away, I then copy and paste my tab into the editing box and it comes up the way I made it in Word then I post it.

Hope this helps you.

Posted by: GeorgeIII (162.158.59.---)
Date: January 17, 2018 02:28AM

Thanks Yukon,

I use Word also and Courier New/12, but I haven't tried getting rid of the headings, I'll give it a try.

GIII

Posted by: GeorgeIII (162.158.59.---)
Date: January 17, 2018 03:56AM

I couldn't get it to work directly from windows, so I pasted from Word into notepad...still not the way I wanted, but better than before.

GIII

Posted by: yukon (172.68.65.---)
Date: January 17, 2018 07:18AM

Just looked at your tab, it looks pretty good to me.

Posted by: GeorgeIII (173.245.48.---)
Date: January 18, 2018 11:25PM

Thanks Yukon,
Definitely an improvement over the first one, but it bugs me 'cause it's not how I
laid it out in Word!...But..what the hey? I'll take it...
GIII

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.