General :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have something besides harmonicas on your mind? Talk about it here. 
Supermoon!
Posted by: Pulp (69.170.233.---)
Date: July 13, 2014 09:51PM

No, it is not me showing y'all mind nether regions! smiling smiley Took this last night.

[/URL]

400mm, 2x adapter, FD to EOS adapter, f/11, 1/250 second, handheld.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Supermoon!
Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (107.203.62.---)
Date: July 14, 2014 10:55PM

Very nice pic! You are quite the photographer, Pulp! Thank you for posting it.

Posted by: LordRocksavage (67.61.240.---)
Date: July 19, 2014 06:25AM

It looked great in the high desert of New Mexico. Your photo certainly does it justice. Good work.

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (107.203.62.---)
Date: August 08, 2014 08:29PM

The next Supermoon of the summer is going to be this Sunday, August 10th!grinning smiley According to NASA and the U.S. Naval Observatory, the supermoon of August will be one of the largest and brightest full moons of the year! So get your camera ready Pulp! The U.S. Naval Observatory says the moon will be 12% bigger and 30% brighter than it was last January.

And if that's not enough, from the Supermoon (August 10th) to the night of August 13th, the Perseids Meteor Shower will dazzle the night sky! It's due to peak on the night of the 13th. Unfortunately, star gazers (such as myself) might have a hard time spotting the meteor shower since the moon's light will wash out all but the brightest of Perseids' meteors. But I'm gonna be out there watching anyway! Best viewing times will be in the wee hours of the morning before dawn.

SO! Pulp, you ever tried to photograph a meteor shower before? This one might be a bit challenging, what with the Supermoon and all, but hey! It might make for some stunning pics!smiling bouncing smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.