General :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have something besides harmonicas on your mind? Talk about it here. 
Tonight's Extreme Supermoon
Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (76.251.181.---)
Date: June 22, 2013 08:39PM

To all the night sky watchers out there, tonight there's going to be an "Extreme Supermoon". When at it's closest, tonight's full moon will appear approximatly 14% larger, and up to 30% brighter than the "typical" full moon. Best viewing times will generally be after midnight.

Check out this second article on Supermoons

Enjoy the view! We will be.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight's Extreme Supermoon
Date: June 24, 2013 03:40AM

(Not my pic)

Definitely a bright moon! We had a very clear view of our entire back yard in the middle of the night. We could see everywhere, and even see our "camouflaged" dog (who normally can't be seen at all at night...).

Tonight's moon (evening of the 23rd), while still pretty-much full, is definitely not as bright as last night's extreme supermoon (doesn't appear as "big" either). And camo gal is back in camo...

Next Supermoon: August of 2014.

If y'all ever get a chance to enjoy one of these yearly happenings in the night sky, take advantage of the opportunity.

Posted by: Pulp (141.129.1.---)
Date: June 29, 2013 03:33AM

A little slow on the responding draw here, but nice photo. What camera/lens system do you use. I took a picture a couple of hours before full, turned out OK, but nothing to submit to NatGeo. Can't link to it from work, or I'd post it. Anyway, I used a Canon Rebel with 300 mm lens. Even then the moon is too small on the frame, so I have to enlarge it until it begins to lose clarity.

Date: June 29, 2013 05:42AM

It's not my pic. It's from someone in the city where we live, who subitted it to the local news site the day after the Extremem Supermoon. There were some really good pictures put up, but that particular one was local.

...begins to "lose clarity"... yeah, that's pretty much how my attempt came out. It lost clarity.

Posted by: harmusman (82.32.11.---)
Date: July 01, 2013 10:47AM

August 2014, I have made an entry on my calendar, How about a song tab for the moon, I'll nominate, Blue Moon.

Posted by: Pulp (72.9.86.---)
Date: July 01, 2013 07:43PM

Here's the one I took:

Date: July 01, 2013 08:52PM

Very nice! thumbs up What did you use to get that with?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.