General :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have something besides harmonicas on your mind? Talk about it here. 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Hobbies
Posted by: Barbarian (---.resnet.purdue.edu)
Date: August 27, 2005 04:56PM

i suppose i can move to wherever you live but my finnish belle wouldnt like it. plus i am only 19 and sort of have college. but its a thought.
-kg

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: August 27, 2005 05:17PM

What's your college major Kurt?

And "ha-ha" about movin' my way. You could, but I warn ya, you'd have to bunk with my 13 year old son, and HE wouldn't like it! roflmao!!!

~always Maria.

Date: August 27, 2005 07:18PM

im studying engineering at purdue. i would like to go into biomedical eng. but i dont have to choose until next semester sometime. where are you from?
-kg

Date: August 27, 2005 10:57PM

awww... an engineer.... a rare breed indeed! lol My Dad's a retired mechanical engineer. He's worked for biggies like Xerox, IBM, Boeing, and even contracted through NASA in Robotics. I've known many engineers, & I think engineers are very creative, and generally march to the beat of their own drummer.... or is that beat to his own harmonica? (wink, grin)))

I come from heaven, but currently reside in Southwest Washington, the "Evergreen State." I live in a 1947 style homestead on 5 1/2 wooded acres.

I spent my 20's and most of my 30's travelin' around the States, Canada, & Mexico, when I wasn't goin' to college. And, I think I've got the best of it all up here in the Great Northwest. (grin)))

Where's Purdue?

~always Maria.

Date: August 30, 2005 02:28AM

Purdue is in Indiana. It sounds like you have lead an interesting life. I would like to travel a lot too. I am planning on maybe going over to Finland next year to see my Finnish belle. I think I am going to focus on building stuff like laser eyes and robot arms. Where did you go to college?
-kg

Date: August 30, 2005 02:32PM

good morning (smile)))

I started at North Idaho College in Coeur d'Alene, ID. Then transfered to North Harris County College in Houston, TX. And then later, ended up at Fullerton Universtiy in Orange County, Californica.

I was quite the get-about and had a great time checkin' out the sites. Once I got married and had kids to fill my life, I had to slow down a bit. I still have a few years for my youngest to fly the coup, and then I'd like to check out Europe.

I'm 1/2 Russian and my Dad talks about going back to Saint Petersburg, and boy would I love to check out Russia & my family's history. (grin)))

Kurt, I think if you went into lazar technology or robotics, you'll someday be able to go anywhere you want to in the world. My Dad got to travel to Japan & Germany/Switzerland quite often in his work, and he loved it.

So keep up the good work & buckle down with that education! lol

~always Maria.

Date: September 01, 2005 05:36PM

maybe i will go to st. petes with you. from there i can just walk into finland. and thank you for the encouraging words. it sounds like you have been quite the traveler. i love traveling too.

Posted by: UseYourIllusion (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: September 02, 2005 09:40AM

These are my main hobbies

-Texas holdem poker
-Hockey
-Rugby
-skateboarding
-Guitar
-Going to camp
-Hanging with Friends

Post Edited (09-02-05 06:41)

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.