HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Whats going on here?
Posted by: joed (83.71.37.---)
Date: January 03, 2007 02:24PM

I put a post up on the Lessons sections called "Good Tone", When I go in and checked for replies it says Mr._Tambourine_man put it up, How can this happen?

Post Edited (01-03-07 09:27)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Whats going on here?
Posted by: deltic (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 05, 2007 02:01PM

I have no idea how that could happen, I have never even heard of anything like that happening before. The only thing I can think of is maybe something happened with all of the server problems we have been having.

Posted by: joed (83.70.68.---)
Date: January 05, 2007 07:15PM

It's a mystery.

Posted by: deltic (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 06, 2007 02:37PM

What is really interesting is that it says you are the one that posted it in the actual database.

Posted by: joed (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: January 06, 2007 04:57PM

It gets more interesting now because bhguog2 in now up as the Author, Scary

Post Edited (01-06-07 12:38)

Posted by: joed (83.71.60.---)
Date: January 07, 2007 12:19AM

I have check a lot my posts I dont see "Delboy" I think a software update needs to be done. (apart from this one)

Post Edited (01-06-07 19:38)

Posted by: mmolino54 (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 07, 2007 01:24PM

Talk about weird, I just posted a comment to the "Please,please,please" discussion on this forum and when I looked back at my previous comments, I was listed as "Angus" instead of "mmolino54". Weirdness.

"I sense a disturbance in the force... "

-marc

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 07, 2007 03:27PM

I don't know what is going on, the forum is all out of whack. The database has everything showing up as being posted by the right person but the site doesn't always display the right person. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. It is quite wierd.

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 07, 2007 04:10PM

I have almost fixed this problem. I didn't write the forum software so I am trying to go through all of the coding (a few 100,000 lines) and figure out how it works and what determines the username shown. I was able to fix the names within posts but I still have not figured out how to correct the listing. The forum software we are using is no longer supported and I would have to pay for someone to come and upgrade it. So as an alternative to all of that I am just going to custom code the whole dam thing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.