HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Tabs
Posted by: Mitchell_Harmonica (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: November 22, 2006 05:26PM

Just a note. I posted a full length tab of Pianoman as it seems to be so popular yet the old tab which is merely the first short verse always gets all the views becuase it lives on the front page non-stop. This isn't a "mine got more views" thing but if so many people are looking at it, they might as well get the whole thing.

Anything that can be done?

BTW, this is my first time posting. My name is Mitchell, I'm 15 and from New Jersey. I've been playing the harmonica for a few months and my collection includes a number of hohner and lee oskars.

My other hobbies include ATM (Amateur Telescope Making).

Mitch

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tabs
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 22, 2006 07:32PM

That is just they way the system works. There is another pianoman tab as well which doesn't get as many views.

Date: November 22, 2006 11:50PM

Oh well, it will get there eventually. (And no I don't sit there hitting the refresh button, I only viewed it once winking smiley

Thanks for a great source for Tabs,

Talk more later,

Mitch

Posted by: [email protected] (---.com)
Date: November 23, 2006 01:22AM

Many of the tabs I post are a single verse and the chorus since many songs just repeat these melodies through the entire song. Posting the entire lyrics isn't always required unless there's other melodies or riffs in other parts of the song. If the song is short enough, I'll post all the lyrics but some songs have 4-5 verses which just repeats the same melody over and over.

Once you learn the notes to the chorus and verse, you can usually play the entire song. If you want all the lyrics, there are many other web sites that will provide you with lyrics.

Posted by: chibluesteve (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: November 23, 2006 04:47AM

Including the lyrics adds a great deal of value to your tabs.

Mitch, you did good.

Date: November 23, 2006 05:19PM

Thanks. I know it makes it long but there are a few spots where you have to take a note out, add a noet, make a blow a draw, etc. Plus then everyone doesn't have to do it for themself. It took me about 20 minutes to do, but over 2 weeks before I posted it here I played it a lot and found 3 spots where a slight tweak made all the difference.

Thanks for the appreciation. I also have the full tab to Build Me Up Buttercup and hesitated to post it since the one already here has all the lyrics, but not all the notes. I might post it now.

Mitch

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.