HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Site quirks or user error?
Posted by: Angus (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 04, 2006 02:25AM

Within the last couple of days, I keep getting this type of error message:
Warning: substr_count(): Empty substring. in /home/harptabs/www/request.php on line 66

Sometimes it's just part of a page (like 2 lines at the top) and sometimes it's the whole page repeating these error lines. Anybody else getting these?

Also, the last couple of tabs I've posted have resulted in mysterious "/" (slashes) appearing just prior to any " ' " (apostrophes) in the lyrics (e.g., I copy and pasted in can't, but after posting, what appears is can/'t. I'm not sure if this is the first time I've posted songs where the lyrics contain apostrophes or whether something else is up (the tab has been typed in courier in MS Word and copied and pasted into the submission box--not any different than what I've been doing prior to this).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Site quirks or user error?
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 04, 2006 05:32AM

The ' is used to end statements when coding. Because of that so the coding doesn't have problems the / is added automatically. I then have to tell it to remove the slashes to display the text properly. When I added the feature some place may have been missed. I can fix this problem if you let me know where they come up. As for the code message I have no idea where you see it (except the request page which I know there is a problem with one of the entries but I have no idea which one).

Posted by: Angus (---.gao.gov)
Date: November 06, 2006 03:56PM

Well, it looks like the slashes are no longer appearing--so thanks if you fixed it, and thanks even if you didn't.

That warning I pasted above was from the "Request a Tab" page.

I get the following warning if I click on the # under "Songs Posted" (from the list of contributors page):
Warning: substr_count(): Empty substring. in /home/harptabs/www/searchsong.php on line 156

I think that's the only two places I've seen the warnings recently.
Thanks much,
Marc

Date: November 06, 2006 05:28PM

ok I will look into the songs posted link.

Date: November 06, 2006 06:22PM

I have not been able to figure out why the error message has been occuring yet but I am still looking into it. It is possible that there is some sort of song causing the problem (which is the problem on the request page).

Date: November 07, 2006 04:41AM

Ok I found the problem their were two songs with no title so they search engine was getting an error when it tried to work with it.

Date: November 07, 2006 11:38PM

You're quick, Nick. Thanks.
I think I just came across those two songs yesterday when I viewed all tabs. One of them didn't even contain a tab within it (both were posted by wailer if I recall).

Date: November 08, 2006 12:50AM

yes you are correct, my guess is that he couldn't delete them.

Posted by: danny191 (---.jax.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 18, 2006 03:43AM

i have been having trouble putting some songs in my favorite list. i click on the add to favorite, but it doesnt show up in my account or my favorite. one of the songs is come sail away.

Posted by: djlactose (---.sub-75-192-166.myvzw.com)
Date: November 18, 2006 08:41PM

I will take a look at it as soon as I get a minute.

Date: November 19, 2006 08:05AM

that is the craziest thing I have seen, do you know any other songs that don't add to the favs? I could use some more examples to try and track down the problem.

Date: November 20, 2006 03:26AM

Nick,
I had the same problem trying to add "And So It Goes" by Billy Joel (this was a few months back, but I just tried now and it still won't add to my favorites). It's not a function I really use anyway, but I remembered this song didn't work when others worked just fine.
Hope you had a good weekend,
marc

Date: November 20, 2006 06:50PM

Thank you for some more data it is the wierdest thing because the code just plugs in a number, and for some reason some numbers work and for some reason others don't. I am going to have to go through the coding line by line and see what i can find when i get a minute.

Posted by: danny191 (---.jax.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 22, 2006 01:03AM

i also just found that "take a long way home. intro" by supetramp wont add to my favorites. hope this helps you a little bit with the codeing

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.