HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Next Feature
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 17, 2006 08:30PM

What is the next feature people would like to see added to this site?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Next Feature
Posted by: tomahawk59 (---.hsd1.oh.comcast.net)
Date: April 18, 2006 02:34AM

Instant messageing

Date: April 18, 2006 03:07AM

Give me two hours LOL

Date: April 18, 2006 04:19AM

Messaging is up and live enjoy lol

Posted by: djlactose (198.72.9.---)
Date: April 18, 2006 05:06PM

Does anyone had any ideas for the next website update?

Posted by: IndianaZephyr (12.153.206.---)
Date: April 19, 2006 10:08PM

We could customize our web page. You know when someone looks at our member account. It would be cool if we had a little individuality. I don't have a clue how to do it, but I bet you could figure it out. Just a thought.

Date: April 20, 2006 02:49AM

I would love to have customization but like you I haven't a clue on how to set it up with just me and without going crazy with millions of lines of code lol.

Date: April 20, 2006 02:49AM

Actually using HTML you can add some special views to your comment field.

Date: April 20, 2006 01:40PM

Ok the Next feature appears to be Birthday Listings.

Date: April 20, 2006 09:42PM

Lol, changing the subject huh? I like the Birthday Listings though.

Date: April 21, 2006 04:25AM

lol, try the HTML thing it should still work.

Posted by: IndianaZephyr (---.79.146.254.jcjc.edu)
Date: April 21, 2006 01:41PM

If I ever find time or initiative I will. The thing is getting the interest to do it. My myspace is still the default.

Posted by: pharpy (---.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 21, 2006 02:14PM

Shotokando, I could probably help you with the HTML thing if you like. Just check your private messages for my e-mail.

Date: April 21, 2006 03:41PM

shotokando wrote:

> If I ever find time or initiative I will. The thing is getting
> the interest to do it. My myspace is still the default.

HTML is an incredible easy language to learn it is almost straight english. I used to teach a class in it and within the first hour the whole class was making websites on their own. The hardest part was to keep finding new things to teach them in the class lol.

Date: April 21, 2006 10:22PM

Yeah, I have taken a class on html, css, and javascript. I'm about to learn dhtml, which I think all that does is put it all together. I don't really know all that much about javascript. I'm not a very good programmer. I just don't have the patience or the right frame of thinking for it I think. In a couple of months, when we're done, I'll let you guys see a website that some friends and I have been working on. It's very amateur looking, but it's our first job on a website so be gentle with the comments about it when you see it. smiling smiley But yeah, I'll definitely ask ya'll some questions when I have them! Hopefully I won't bug you too much.

Date: April 22, 2006 04:39AM

lol thats ok, everyone asks me questions. When ever someone hears what i do for a living the next line is, I am having this problem maybe you can help me out. I don't mind, but I find most tech people do so for everyone out there next time you are doing that to someone just keep that in mind. In fact one of the tech websites I vist makes t-shirts that say no i will not fix your computer. Several of my friends bought them and wear them often lol.

Date: April 22, 2006 04:46AM

Javascript can be a very good language to work with because it allows you to make a page interactive instantly. Javescript is a client-side language, while the programing I use on the website is all what is called server-side. Server-side means for me to do anything with inputed data I have to have you send it up to the server and then it does the work on the server and displays everything. This is good for security reasons because the source code can't be viewed which also allows you to have more protection of your work. I also like server-side programing because of how easily it can access databases.

Date: April 23, 2006 12:04AM

I saw that shirt, that's funny. I also like the one that says "There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

The name of the class where I learned javascript was actually called clientside programming. I never really understood that until now. Thanks again. It seems like I say that a lot to you. This website has been great in a great many number of ways.

Date: April 23, 2006 04:27AM

[www.thinkgeek.com] has some great shirts and merchandise for techies. And as always I am glad to be of service.

Posted by: IndianaZephyr (---.79.146.254.jcjc.edu)
Date: May 01, 2006 01:55PM

By the way, I checked out that website. I loved it, it was hilarious! I love the one that says Roses are #FF0000 Violets are #0000FF All my base are belong to you.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1 was a pretty good one to. I have a friend who has an associates in networking who really loved it. I hate networking though. lol.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.