HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Getting Tabs
Posted by: Tzispeq (---.crlsca.adelphia.net)
Date: April 10, 2006 04:41PM

I am new at this and trying to get the tabs for Midnight Rambler. It looks like I posted a tab but I didn't. Will I be able to bring up this tab or does someone have to e-mail it to me? I think that I requested it correctly. Thanks,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Getting Tabs
Posted by: [email protected] (---.com)
Date: April 10, 2006 05:20PM

From what I see, you posted the tab but didn't put anything in the tab.

Are you requesting the tab or are you posting the tab?

If you are requesting it, you put it in the "Request a Tab" section, not in the "Add a Tab" section. Add a Tab means you've tabbed a song and are submitting it for everyone else to use. If someone sees the request and tabs the song, they'll post it. Don't expect an instant response to requests. Not everyone may know the song or the song is too difficult to tab. Many songs can only be tabbed on a Chromatic harp because of the notes required.

Date: April 10, 2006 06:35PM

Thanks for your reply. I did not mean to post it, I am requesting it. I am aware of the mistake, the tab "Midnight Rambler" was listed in there from "Gibby", but I cannot retrieve it now that I have registered.

Date: April 10, 2006 09:17PM

The Midnight Rambler listing by Gibbo is a request. That user is also looking for the tab and nobody has posted it yet.

Date: April 10, 2006 10:12PM

Thanks. I joined this site because I was looking for the tabs for Midnight Rambler on Google and I was under the impression that it could be found here. I guess no one has it. It was a little misleading IMHO.

Posted by: djlactose (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 10, 2006 11:55PM

How was it misleading? The page says Request A Tab, so it showed someone had requested that tab and it had not yet been posted (when you submited it before you then caused the status to be marked as posted).

Date: April 11, 2006 02:59AM

Dude, chill, Google was misleading, not you! It said Midnight Rambler tabs on this website.

Date: April 11, 2006 04:39AM

All the search engines are misleading. Go look for "free harmonica tabs" and see how many of them point you to a pay site.

Perhaps a deny rule should be added to the web server's robots.txt file to keep the spiders out of the request page.

User-agent: *
Disallow: /requests/

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 11, 2006 06:04AM

I could put the deny rule in, but I do want people on the search engines to see that there is a page on the site where people can make requests.

(Sorry for what ever that said lol it was late)

Post Edited (04-11-06 14:10)

Date: April 11, 2006 02:37PM

So does anyone have Midnight Rambler?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.