HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Recordings
Posted by: Zimerman (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: April 07, 2006 03:22PM

I think those of us who have microphones for our computers should be able to record and post ourselves playing onto the site for everyone to hear

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Recordings
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 07, 2006 08:24PM

This has been discussed before and I think it is a good idea the only problem we were concerned with is having people post songs which weren't their own. That would cause Copyright issues and I don't want to start having to worry about it.

Posted by: [email protected] (---.com)
Date: April 07, 2006 11:51PM

Posting recordings of songs like that will not have copyright issues since the recordings are not used for any profit.

Same goes if you make a home video of something to be posted on the web. You can use any music in your video as long as there's no profit for the video (ie, you're selling the video)

That issue was brought up last year in a drag racing video. If the video was to be sold, you would need a release to use someone's music in it. Since the video was free for download, the background music used was not a copyright infringement.

Posted by: chibluesteve (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: April 08, 2006 01:38AM

Recording industry is always looking for sites that are posting their material. They take some of them to court. They don't care if you make no profit from posting their stuff. They believe that if someone can download it they are losing money.

Music embeded in a vidio not for sale may not threaten them. Posting songs will.

Rumor has it that they have been known to play 'dirty tricks' on sites that they did not feel were worth taking to court.

Posted by: Barbarian (---.resnet.purdue.edu)
Date: April 08, 2006 02:56AM

i hate the man

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 08, 2006 03:31AM

Yes the recording industry is so brutal it isn't funny. I have had friends get letts that they were downloading songs and they were being sued. They didn't know anything about it, but what was happening was hackers got into their computer and were using the computer to download music so they couldn't be caught. Even after this was found out they still had a problem getting the lawsuit taken away because the industry said they allowed it to happen by not staying on top of their computer security.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.