HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Tab Submission Issues
Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 05, 2006 02:23PM

I just submitted The Cuckoo (The Laurel & Hardy Theme), and when I click on the link to view the tab, all I get is a blank page, & I don't have the option to edit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tab Submission Issues
Posted by: aeharper (---.l6.c5.dsl.pol.co.uk)
Date: April 05, 2006 03:19PM

I had the same trouble one time,but Nick fixed it up!

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 05, 2006 06:48PM

I check every single tab posted when I sign on so if something isn't working I will fix it. The major problems with tabs being displayed is characters inside the title. The most common problems are cause by apostrophes (') and by the And sign (&winking smiley. I just remove those characters by manually editing the database. I have plans on working on correcting that but I just have not had time recently to do so. It would require a major redesign of the backend of the site to fix it.

Posted by: canadianharp (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 05, 2006 10:45PM

Yeah, I had the same problem adding my 1st tab. It was a long song name so I used an ampersand to shorten it.

Rather than a major re-design, a simple quick fix would be to put a note on the "Add A Tab" page telling tabbers what characters are invalid for a song-name.

It also might be a good idea to put a note on the "New User" page, stating what characters are invalid for a user-name. I signed up as "chuck rock", and when I got the email to confirm my membership, I didn't notice that my user-name was changed to "chuck_rock". I kept trying to sing on as "chuck rock" but couldn't log in.

P.S. I'm a newbie, and since this is my 1st post, I want to thank Nick for the website. It provides a great service that I have not found anywhere else on the internet.

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 06, 2006 03:06AM

That isn't a bad idea, I actually have it so you can't type certain characters. People find ways around it though. As for the usernames I have it setup to automatically remove the spaces because I was concerned it would cause issues.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.