HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Sorting
Posted by: Mike_Cartier (---.focaldata.net)
Date: January 29, 2006 09:49PM

I had a couple ideas to apply to the tab search. Would it be possible that once you do a search, the tabs could be sorted by artist, song title, key, or whether or not it has a midi file or not?

An example of how this would be cool is based on the fact that I'm a beginner and just search the beginner's tabs.
Then, if I could search by what songs have midi files- Then I would only chose the songs that I could hear as well as play.

This is just a thought.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sorting
Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 30, 2006 02:57PM

I think having the "sort" links on the search results like on the main page would be a good idea as well.

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 30, 2006 05:43PM

I can work on adding that along with the other stuff. I am really going to have to compile a list of everything so that I can keep track of it all now. The list of to-dos for the site is getting quite long.

Posted by: IndianaZephyr (12.153.206.---)
Date: February 09, 2006 10:34PM

haha sorry Nick, you opened a can of worms when you asked everyone what to do to make the site better didn't you. Just remember that everyone cannot be satisfied and it's always up to you whether you think it will make the site better or not! We all already love the site, so just keep up the good work and keep it here and I'll be happy. But that is a great idea spreeway!

Posted by: IndianaZephyr (12.153.206.---)
Date: February 11, 2006 06:10PM

I just realized something, when you go to search all tabs, you can fill in just the author section and and it should do a search for just that artist. not any particular song.

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 11, 2006 07:07PM

Yes you can fill in any one field and do a search to list all of the songs. So you can put in a username or an artist or the song title.

Posted by: chibluesteve (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: February 12, 2006 07:08PM

The search function works real well.

Sometimes when you don't find the thing you are looking try changing the search a little.

For example:

There are songs by 'Simon and Garfunkel' and 'Simon & Garfunke'l.

If you search for 'Simon' you will get them all.

You will also get any 'Paul Simon' songs that someone in the future may post.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.