HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What should be the next new feature?
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 04, 2006 07:59PM

I wanted to see what features everyone else would like to see added next. I am not necessarily going to be able to do them next or at all but I like to get as much feedback on this site as possible.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What should be the next new feature?
Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 04, 2006 08:29PM

I personally think the next option should be local midi/mp3/wma file hosting.

Posted by: [email protected] (68.144.64.---)
Date: January 05, 2006 01:10AM

As if his bandwidth isn't being gobbled up enough smiling smiley

You could have problems offering MP3 files however I was thinking if we had a section to allow MP3 clips of things like harp solos (beginning of Supertramp's Take The Long Way Home etc)

The song listing is getting huge. Perhaps a way to break it down into smaller chunks. Offer an alphabet choice. ie: Show all songs that start with A by clicking on an A.

There's lots of other harp info available on the web. I'm always going to other sites to learn something new. A section on note theory, keys, bending, etc could be used to keep people here.

I mainly just come here for the tabs. That's enough to keep me happy and busy.

Posted by: chibluesteve (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: January 05, 2006 02:38AM

I think that we should show some mercy for the people who have slow connections and offer a way to see a smaller subset of the list.

A new way of computing 10 most popular might be a good thing also.

Posted by: Barbarian (---.clss.net)
Date: January 05, 2006 02:43AM

maybe a tecmo superbowl game

Date: January 05, 2006 04:20AM

Barbarian wrote:

> maybe a tecmo superbowl game

I love that game, I had it for NES, my cell phone and my computer.

Date: January 05, 2006 04:22AM

pcguyiv wrote:

> I personally think the next option should be local midi/mp3/wma
> file hosting.

This is something I am planning on working on. It will hurt bandwidth so it may have to wait till we have our own server. As for MP3s I would be very concerned with people posting actual MP3s which could get us in trouble with the music industry. If you posted your own playings there is nothing wrong with it but I would be nevous with open MP3 posting.

Date: January 05, 2006 05:08AM

Living on the fringes as we do, Music industry trouble is not something we need.

Date: January 05, 2006 05:09AM

yes which kind of stinks since having MP3 on the site of people playing would be wonderful

Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 05, 2006 03:38PM

That was what I was thinking of, was original recordings of ourselves playing, not just random MP3's but then I guess there's no way to insure that's what would be posted. The ability to upload midi would be nice, though.

Date: January 05, 2006 03:41PM

The midi upload was going to be one of the next projects, because I never liked the idea of stealing bandwidth from other sites, with the Midis. Maybe we can allow people of a certain level on the site to post MP3s or do somthing like that. The assumstion would be that the people who contribute often would be responsible enough to post only their own work. That is still taking a chance though since there are those out there who are on the list but never never really come on the site.

Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: January 05, 2006 06:43PM

I really like the idea of being able to perhaps upload my own mp3s. I learned how to record my own music a couple of months ago. I'm not all that good yet, but I do enjoy getting constructive critisism & input on my progress. Also, I'd enjoy hearing the rest of you too. (grin)))

Another feature that Nick mentioned before is a Private message feature. There's lots of times I'd love to send a PM to someone, giving 'em kudos for a tab or a post.

~always Maria.

Date: January 05, 2006 07:47PM

The next feature I plan on working on is the messaging feature. As soon as I finish the other project I am working on I will beging that.

Posted by: pleuksar (---.nas1.gainesville1.fl.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: January 05, 2006 10:22PM

Nick,

Could you eliminate your and HarpTabs' liabilty profile with a disclaimer statement and along with higher level, more responsible contributing as you said, and also a warning message and expulsion from the site for any offenders?

Just an idea.

Or three.

Date: January 05, 2006 11:53PM

I believe that is the only way we could do it, when I am ready to work on that project I will come up with something lol.

Posted by: irishharpman (---.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com)
Date: January 06, 2006 03:28AM

Nick,
Check out soundclick.com...they have a clearly spelled out legal policy,,,,,they also have a very cool and extensive collection of harp files submitted by amateur garage bands.....Some of these guys are super,,,,If you go,,,,check out Walter Tore,,,a character and excellent harp player

Date: January 06, 2006 04:52AM

More space to save songs! I'm constantly having to shorten the songs or cut out the lyrics near the end to fit the entire song into the limited space available.

Date: January 07, 2006 05:01AM

More space would be a very good idea. I have had problems with this in the past.

Date: January 07, 2006 05:07AM

I don't have a way around the space limitation, the problem I run into is that when a tab is too long the sumit button doesn't work. I believe it is a bug in IE, I will have to test it again and see if i can make it longer.

Date: January 08, 2006 09:43PM

Get rid of IE and use Mozilla or Firefox. That should solve the problem. smiling smiley

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.