HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Lyrics
Posted by: [email protected] (---.com)
Date: February 10, 2006 01:56AM

Very few songs have big changes to the music. If you know the basic chorus and verse, you should be able to play the entire song if you know how many verses there are and when to play the chorus. I've posed a few where the verses have a few extra notes because of the lyrics but to most people, it wouldn't matter.

Makes you realize just how simple many songs really are. It's when you get into arrangements with more instruments that songs get more unique. Do an intro, sing some verses and chorus, do an instrumental solo in the middle, do some more verses and a chorus at the end. From a simple melody for the verse, the song now becomes a typical 3 minute song.

Take the basic blues melody "I woke up this morning, and found my baby gone" Everybody knows it and many songs use the same melody but the musical arrangement is changed enough that the songs are never the same.

I've posted a few tabs where I've run out of room so the last verse is just a tab. Others that don't have enough room, I'll do one chorus with (chorus) above it and every other spot that needs a chorus I just insert (chorus).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lyrics
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 10, 2006 02:46AM

I hope to be able to increase the amount of space for tabs, but currently I have not been able to figure out how to do that without causeing other problems.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.