HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Tab ruler
Posted by: chibluesteve (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: December 10, 2005 04:54AM

It would be nice if you could post tab rulers like the tab rulers on the Harmonica Country site. I have used the tab rulers there. They are very very nice, but they only have diatonic rulers and they do not have the first two holes mapped out. I have not found a good tab ruler for chromatic harmonicas. If these tools were available more people would be able to tab their favorite songs and possibly post them here to share with us.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tab ruler
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 10, 2005 05:34AM

What is a tab ruler? I an not familiar with that term. I wrote a program where you can enter in notes and it converts the song into tabs automatically. When you log into the site you should see a convert just above the online store link.

Date: December 10, 2005 05:51AM

Date: December 10, 2005 06:32AM

I see, with the program I wrote you just type in the notes of the song and it will spit out an entire tab for you.

Date: December 10, 2005 07:01AM

The program is a great idea. People who cannot read music still have to translate the music to get it into the program. I havn't tried the program yet. I guess both ways of tabbing are good!

Posted by: pharpy (---.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 10, 2005 01:05PM

I love the program, however, you can't enter sharps & flats, so it will only tab music that is in the key of C or Dm. (Dm will result in a 3rd position tab.) (It will sort of do G, but not really - 2nd position.) Naturally, once it's tabbed, you can play it on any key harp you want!

Date: December 10, 2005 01:09PM

chibluesteve, I'm currently in process of making tabs rulers for all 12 keys that will indicate the full 3 octaves (including bends) for diatonic harps, as well as a tab chart for a key of C 12-hole chromatic. I just haven't had much time lately to work on it. As soon as I'm done with them, I'll let you know.

Date: December 10, 2005 04:23PM

If you want I will posted them up here for everyone to have access to them.

Date: December 10, 2005 05:20PM

Thank you pcguyiv.

It would be wonderful to have both methods of tabbing accessible to everyone. It could only lead to more people doing more tabbing. This site could grow a lot.

Date: December 11, 2005 03:29AM

As soon as I get them done, I'll e-mail them to you, Nick. I can't guarantee how quick I'll get them done. I work for a local UPS Store & it's our busy season, so things are hectic for me, but I will get them done. I've been tossing around the idea of doing them, but now I've got a little more motivation to get them done.

Date: December 11, 2005 08:36AM

If you want I can post them as you do them, but that may lead to higher demand and more stress. It is up to you, but I completely understand being busy. Just do them when you have the time.

Date: December 11, 2005 04:36PM

That's right pcguyiv. We don't need dead heros. Make sure you get the rest you need to survive. Be careful out there. smiling smiley

Post Edited (12-11-05 15:41)

Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 12, 2005 03:12PM

I should have you a text file with the basic note layouts plus the scale-completing bends for all 12 keys of the diatonic harps, as well as note layouts for a key of C & a key of G chromatic, in a day or two. The actual staff rulers, though will be a little while in coming yet.

Date: December 12, 2005 04:45PM

I am going to create a section on the site for them, so I will start working on it as soon as I get them.

Post Edited (12-12-05 17:00)

Date: December 13, 2005 03:43AM

I just e-mailed you the text file. It has diatonic layouts for all 12 major keys and 2 chromatic layouts for the key of C & the key of G.

It's basically layouts only. I'll have something more along the lines of staff rulers later.

Date: December 13, 2005 04:46AM

I received them but have not looked over them yet.

Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: December 13, 2005 04:13PM

I'm very happy to hear that we're finally gonna have some tab ruler references here.

whooo-hoooo Frank... you're the best! (smile)))

~always Maria.

Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 13, 2005 08:58PM

zephyrazure wrote:

> I'm very happy to hear that we're finally gonna have some tab
> ruler references here.
>
> whooo-hoooo Frank... you're the best! (smile)))
>
> ~always Maria.
>

<SMUG>Admittedly I'm pretty good...</SMUG>

But I wouldn't go THAT far!

I just got hold of some staff paper today, so I should be able to get those knocked out before the end of the year. I would say sooner, but I'm doing good to find time to breathe right now.

Posted by: pleuksar (---.nas1.gainesville1.fl.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: December 17, 2005 03:40PM

You guys are fantastic!

-rufus

Date: December 17, 2005 07:04PM

Now I just need to get them up and everything will be all set lol.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.