HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Tab Ideas
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 23, 2005 04:20AM

I received an email today which had two suggestion which I thought were pretty good. The first one was to add a field where people could put up the timing for the tabs they post. The other was to include a note section so people could add their own notes about the tabs. What do you all think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tab Ideas
Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: October 24, 2005 01:54PM

I love it!

It's actually pretty hard for me to do a song I don't know unless I have the timing. And when I put a tab up, I'll often add a note at the end of the song, like web references and such, but an added section for notes would be perfect!

Nick, thanx for always trying to improve and make a great website even better! (smile)))

~always Maria.

Posted by: pharpy (---.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 24, 2005 02:31PM

It sounds like a good idea, but I fear it would probably be used about as much as the "Genre" & "Difficulty" options, but that's no real reason not to do it. At least it would be there for those who did want to do it. I know that personally, it would be of little use, because I don't usually tab from music and have some innate (SP?) rythm, but not much.

Date: October 24, 2005 03:24PM

pcguyiv wrote:

> It sounds like a good idea, but I fear it would probably be
> used about as much as the "Genre" & "Difficulty" options, but
> that's no real reason not to do it. At least it would be there
> for those who did want to do it. I know that personally, it
> would be of little use, because I don't usually tab from music
> and have some innate (SP?) rythm, but not much.

I agree, I don't think many people will use it but it would be a nice thing if people did.

Date: October 25, 2005 01:58PM

Well, I'll definitely use those features. When I include a tab, I try to think of all the details I would like others to include, if I was reading the tab for the first time. And, not only notes about the tabs. Like, Musetta’s Waltz which I posted last night. I didn't think many people would be familar with La Bohème, so I included a history website for the more curious minds. (grin)))

And if just a few others use these feature, all the better, in my opinion!

~always Maria.

Date: October 25, 2005 03:21PM

I am going to do it as soon as I get some free time but I don't think it will get much use. It would be great if everyone used it though.

Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 25, 2005 09:18PM

Sometimes it's not about what is commonly used, but what would be good to have. It doesn't sound like it would be something that's going to chew up a lot of bandwidth, and I don't see how it could complicate entering tabs, so ultimately it doesn't look like a bad thing. Anything that would give those entering tabs who are slightly more adept at reading sheet music ways to give those of us who barely know what a treble cleff is details on how the song should be played has got to be good.

Post Edited (10-25-05 18:19)

Date: October 25, 2005 10:38PM

It is actually very easy to add I just have to do it in like five places or so and I have to make sure I don't miss anywhere. So as soon as I get some free time I am going to do it.

Posted by: macg1 (---.truro.nscc.ns.ca)
Date: November 18, 2005 01:00PM

I have a suggestion as to how that timing of a song could work. There could be a selection of set time signatures, and you caould click on the time signatures, then there will be bars for the song which can be extended, and will have a number for each of the beats in the bar, with room to put the notes into. Say over the space where it says "1", the first beat, you put 2 notes on top of it, then under the tab, there will be 2 little "e"s that show up, indicating that on this beat, you play 2 eighth notes. It might be hard to explain, I was just giving an example, and I hope someone will have some sort of an idea, as to what I'm thinking about.

Date: November 19, 2005 09:14PM

I may be able to write something in flash to do it but it would be time consumming for me and I don't have the sheet music knowlegde to do it. I would need to work with someone on it. My best friend is a music teacher so I may just be able to work with him on it when I have the time.

Date: November 20, 2005 12:51AM

Keep it simple at first and go from there

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.