HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Page Rank Project
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 04, 2005 03:35PM

To help this site grow even larger I would like to move up higher on teh google search results. One of the best ways to do this is to add this site as a link on other sites. So I would like anyone who knows of other related sites to contact them and ask if they could place a link on their site for us. I have no problem putting a link up on the site if they want one, just let me know and I will.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Page Rank Project
Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: October 04, 2005 04:23PM

awesome idea Nick!

I must have collected dozens of assorted harmonica related sites. I will keep you informed on who I contact & who responds back positively. (smile)))

~always Maria.

Date: October 05, 2005 03:15PM

I've already heard back from www.hoottexas.com, a harmonica club site. They said they'd be glad to list us under their "harmonica news" catorgory. (happy dance)))

Nick, when I'm making contacts, I am stating that we'd list their website too because the "point is to help other harmonica players." (wink, grin)))

Anyway, I'll dig around in my favorites some more tomorrow and try a couple more & do a couple a day until I run out. lol

Hey, I found, it doesn't hurt to ask!

~always Maria.

Date: October 05, 2005 10:22PM

That is great the more places we can get listed the better.

Date: October 06, 2005 03:59PM

I'm listing who I contact so no one else contacts the same websites. (smile)))

Today I contacted [laurasmidiheaven.com] and [www.harmonicalinks.com]

I pray ya'll have a wonderful day! *hugs*

~always Maria.

Posted by: GorillaMaster (---.buckeyecom.net)
Date: October 06, 2005 11:05PM

Well I dont know if this will help but I put a link to you guys on my blog:

[mathkid.org]
(link is on the right)

Posted by: djlactose (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 06, 2005 11:30PM

Every link which google has listed counts as a vote. The more popular the website the larger that vote counts.

Date: October 07, 2005 02:38PM

Does the amount of "hits" a website get make a difference on it's "popularity" & where is lands in google searches?

~always Maria.

Date: October 07, 2005 03:10PM

Google tries to keep the process very secretive so that people don't find a way to get their site listed higher on the search engines then it should be. Mainly the system works by listing the sites by their “Page Rank”. Which is figured out by 100 different factors but Google only discusses a few aspects of them. Mainly the best way to get a good ranking is to get other sites to list you which are considered like a vote for your site. The more popular the site is that links to you the higher that vote ranks. The following link contains more information on how Google lists sites [www.google.com].

Date: October 08, 2005 04:33PM

Hiya...

we are now listed in [laurasmidiheaven.com] under category music, bands. We need to list her site on Harptabs!

I go to Laura's site all the time to find midi's to go with some of my tabs... it's a real handy site. (smile)))

~always Maria.

Date: October 08, 2005 06:36PM

Today I contacted www.bigharmonicaguide.com <--this is a very informative place for harmonica players, so hopefully they'll add our site. (smile)) I'll let you know if they get back to me.

I pray you're all havin' a fun weekend. I've been messin' w/ my harps all mornin', but I really must get other stuff done! lol I'm supposed to have a friend come visit me from Oregon, but so far I haven't heard from him. This is a 3-day weekend for some (Columbus Day), but my kids get next Friday off instead... go figure.

Catch ya'll later...

~always Maria.

Date: October 09, 2005 01:28AM

I added the ones you listed. If the other site wants to be listed just let me know. Thank you for all of the work. Hopefully it will help us grow even larger.

Date: October 09, 2005 04:40PM

No problem Nick. (smile)))

When I write different internet places, I tell them that I'm a member of a very unique & helpful harmonica site. (wink, grin))) The thing is, I really believe in HarpTabs.com & want to see it grow too. I remember when I first discovered this place, how excited I was... that feeling hasn't changed!

thanx for making it possible!

~always Maria.

Date: October 09, 2005 06:17PM

oh... I forgot to mention... today I contacted: [home.comcast.net] who has a links page. (smile)) I use Teja's: [members.fortunecity.com] for my Beatles midi's. Also, another handy website.

And if I get any positive reponses, I'll let you know Nick, so we can continue to reciprocate their websites. (smile))) Thanx!

Posted by: Barbarian (---.clss.net)
Date: October 10, 2005 02:30AM

i love columbus day.

Date: October 21, 2005 11:04PM

Nick, if you could be soo kind as to add: [www.socc.ie] to Harptabs.com, that would be great. I've received a note from a lovely man by the name of Frank Lennon. He runs the above midi's website.

Mr. Lennon informed me that he'd be pleased to put Harptabs.com on his links page because he's a guitar teacher and fulltime school teacher for 40 years and "appreciates anyone imparting a love of music and especially a love for playing an instrument." (grin))) Isn't that sweet? (smile))) He totally made my day!

~always Maria.

Date: October 22, 2005 02:51AM

zephyrazure wrote:

> Nick, if you could be soo kind as to add:
> [www.socc.ie] to
> Harptabs.com, that would be great. I've received a note from a
> lovely man by the name of Frank Lennon. He runs the above
> midi's website.
>
> Mr. Lennon informed me that he'd be pleased to put Harptabs.com
> on his links page because he's a guitar teacher and fulltime
> school teacher for 40 years and "appreciates anyone imparting a
> love of music and especially a love for playing an instrument."
> (grin))) Isn't that sweet? (smile))) He totally made my day!
>
> ~always Maria.
>

That is great. I will added them.

Date: November 01, 2005 07:30PM

good afternoon Nick (smile)))

Today, I heard back from JP Allen, of "JP Allen's Time-Train Rhythm Harmonica Method for seniors & kids of all ages." In my opinion, this is one of the best websites ever, and has helped me soo much with harmonica technique. The pictures he has on his website are worth 1000 words!!!

I'm very excited to say that he's got Harptabs.com finally listed on his site.
It took a little time to get his tech guy to put up the link to Harptabs, & I wasn't sure if he'd do it, but it's done! (doing happy dance))))

He said he'll be "thrilled to recommend his students to our website" too... JP is such a friendly & helpful man, as I've found harmonica lovers to be. (grinning from ear to ear))) It appears he's also a Couples Mediation & Pre-teen through Adult Individual Counselor, when he's not teaching harmonica technique. (smile)))

Anyway, you can view Harptabs.com on this page:
[www.freeharmonicalessons.com]

JP would be delighted to be listed on Harptabs.com also. His website URL is:
[www.freeharmonicalessons.com]

Thanx for all you do...

~always Maria.

Post Edited (11-01-05 15:34)

Date: November 01, 2005 08:32PM

Thank you once again. I added him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.