HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
New Feature Idea
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 13, 2005 03:59AM

I have come up with the idea of listing all of the songs each person has request and the songs they have posted in there profile. This should make each profile page more useful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Feature Idea
Posted by: pharpy (---.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 13, 2005 01:58PM

That sounds like a great idea.

Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: September 13, 2005 04:20PM

Love the idea!

Posted by: djlactose (198.72.9.---)
Date: September 13, 2005 05:09PM

Here is a demo of the new account page, you can replace the username with any username you would like and it will display what their page would look like. Let me know what you all think.

[www.harptabs.com]

Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 13, 2005 06:33PM

The page looks great.

A very bottom of the pile suggestion would be to add the "Add Tab/Delete" links to the requests so that way, while perusing people's profiles, if there's a song being searched for that can be added, you don't have to go to the request page to add it. But again, that's a very minor put-this-on-the-bottom-of-the-list type thing.

Post Edited (09-13-05 15:34)

Date: September 14, 2005 03:35AM

Actually all I have to do is cut and paste the line of code from the request page and it is quite simple so I will just do that real quick.

Date: September 14, 2005 03:02PM

I put the post this tab on there now.

Posted by: pharpy (---.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 14, 2005 03:37PM

Perfect!

BTW, I assume that by The Ballad of Billy The Kid, you are referring to the song by Billy Joel, not the song by Marty Robbins (of course I'm pretty sure that one is just called Billy the Kid).

Date: September 14, 2005 04:47PM

Yes I did mean the billy joel one. I am a big Billy Joel fan and in fact I learned to play the harmonica just so I could learn to play Piano Man.

Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: September 14, 2005 06:15PM

There's also a "Billy the Kid" song by a country artist, Billy Dean. It goes, "I miss Billy the kid..."

By the way, Bruce Springsteen has a new song out called, "Devils and Dust." I saw the video for it yesterday on CMT and dang, he's playing the guitar, singing, and does a couple great long harmonica riffs in the song. It makes me sick to see someone do that all at once and not miss a beat! lol

Anymore, I perk right up whenever I catch a harmonica score on TV or radio... It's what inspires me to keep practicing. (giggle)))

~always Maria.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.