HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Help Adding Songs
Posted by: Wailer (---.austin.res.rr.com)
Date: August 16, 2005 06:39PM

How do I keep the tabs and words aligned, when I add a song by copying and pasting?

Can anyone advise?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help Adding Songs
Posted by: Wailer (---.austin.res.rr.com)
Date: August 17, 2005 02:17AM

Bump

Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: August 17, 2005 03:32PM

I haven't tried it yet, but when I do, I thought I'd use the space bar & or tab key to move the tabs over the words. Give it a try & let us know how you do. (smile)))

~always Maria.

Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 17, 2005 04:44PM

Make sure when you write the song in your editor program that you use a monospace font such as Andale Mono or Courier New. Also be sure to use spaces and not tabs to space out the numbers and words. Then, when you copy and paste it will come out the same. Tabs aren't always displayed or handled the same from editor to editor and browser to browser, so it's always better to use spaces for consistency.

When you cut and paste, you aren't copying things like the particular font used or the point size of the font, you are merely copying what characters (including punctuation, spaces, etc.) you typed. Therefore, since the editor on the website (and the website itself) are set to use a monospace font, when you copy and paste, your spacing will remain the same, even if the specific font and point size don't.

While it is possible to use a word processing program like Microsoft Word or Word Perfect, it is better when doing this kind of writing to use a text editor that doesn't allow text formatting.

Post Edited (08-18-05 19:28)

Posted by: macg1 (---.truro.nscc.ns.ca)
Date: November 18, 2005 12:33PM

If someone else posts a tab as an unknown artist, and I know who the artist is that wrote the song, could I change it from "Unknown Artist" to the name of the artist? Say if someone submitted "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" by Bob Dylan, put posted it as an unknown artist, could I place the tab under Bob Dylan for them?

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 19, 2005 09:08PM

No you can't, but they are able to edit their post and fix it. This is to prevent people from messing around with other people's posts.

Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: November 20, 2005 12:55AM

A one song can be done by many different artists too...

Since I've been diggin' into many turn of the century or older tunes, I often list the composer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.