HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Another Money Making Option
Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 02, 2005 03:24PM

I know it's been bandied about to have midi storage on the site. I think this is a great idea, and a potential money making one at that.

I have 2 basic ideas how it could work:

OPTION 1) Have different account levels:

Free - Access to the forums & "Convert to Tab" page, able to post tabs and requests

Plus - Same as Free + limited midi storage (either by #of songs or disk space)

Premium - Same as Plus but more storage

Premier - Same as Plus & Premium, but storage is essentially unlimited.

Or something to that effect. If you did make the download program, you could also include that service with some of the account options.

OPTION 2) Sell midi storage on a per file basis--Something along the lines of 25 cents per midi per month with a 4 or 5 midi minimum.

Altenately, you could do it by disk space- $1 per 5 or 10 meg. (again, per month).

Again, with either of these options, you could have a month by month charge & offer discounts for buying more time at once. (I.E. Quarterly, Semi-Anually, & Anually).

With the growing number of "free" sites that are not allowing external links to files on their servers or having file size limitations to make midis & mp3s impossible to put on the site, having reasonable fees for hosting music files for the tabs would be a good idea IMO.

Post Edited (07-02-05 12:41)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another Money Making Option
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 03, 2005 04:07AM

The reason's midis aren't on the site is just the fact that I have not had the time to work on writting the code to be able to post the midis. I have not had much success with posting scripts (The photo post is a perfect example) and I have been very busy recently so I have not been able to work on it.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.