HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Tab Program
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 01, 2005 02:26PM

I am thinking about writting a program which would allow you to download tabs off this site and store them on your computer so you can access them anytime you want offline. The program would be free but there would be a small fee each month for the ability to download the songs (I have not decided yet but I am thinking something like 5 or 10 dollars). Before I do all of the work writting something to do that, is there an interest in a program like that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tab Program
Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 01, 2005 04:07PM

Off hand, I don't think I'd be interested. I'd buy the program before I'd pay for a subscription, but maybe that's just me.

The main reason for this is that I can already "download" the songs for offline viewing by saving the page. It's a little tedious to do it song at a time, but it can be done. Paying for a utility that makes that task easier, though, I coud see, but paying for a montly service....I'll stick to manual downloads.

Post Edited (07-01-05 14:09)

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 02, 2005 02:27AM

The way it would work is that anything you download you would have permanently on your machine and if you cancelled your account you still would have everything you already downloaded. I was thinking since the site is continuously growing that a monthly fee would be fair (plus it makes everything cheaper). You could pay five dollars and download every song on the site and then cancel the monthly subscription. If people think it is better to just sell the software I could do it that way instead but then I would sell the program for 30 dollars or so.

Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 02, 2005 02:03PM

I can definitely see your point. I hadn't quite thought of it that way. If you wanted to do it monthly, though, I'd suggest maybe doing a buy 2 get 1 free type setup (I.E $5/mo or 3 mo's for $10).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.