HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Issues with data entry fields
Posted by: pharpy (---.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: May 19, 2005 01:45PM

I sent you an e-mail about this, but it might be more clearly stated here.

For some reason, about half of the symbols and punctuation on the keyboard cannot be entered in any of the data entry fields on the main website. They all work fine here, but not when entering songs or web addresses for midi files. The biggest offenders of this are the quotation mark ("winking smiley, the apostrophe ('), and the colon (smiling smiley. The semi-colon (winking smiley won't work either, and neither will the brackets ([]) or the squiggly brackets ({}). There are others, and they aren't all just particular keys. there are some, like the dollar sign, where the unshifted key works just fine, but the shifted character won't type. I'm not sure, but I believe the <>,. keys are like this. The period and comma work just fine, but I can't type the greater-than and less-than symbols. Is there anything you can do about this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Issues with data entry fields
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 19, 2005 02:41PM

That is done on purpose to prevent database problems. When most of the characters you want to use are used it would cause the song to be unreadable. So I block out all characters except the ones I specifically allow. I have added the (smiling smiley, ([]), ({}) I don't think those characters would cause any problems.

Re: Issues with data entry fields
Posted by: pharpy (---.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: May 20, 2005 02:51AM

Thanks for fixing the issues with the colon and bracket types. The colon issue was the cause of the problems with the web address in the midi link. The brackets I think could be helpful for tabbing, but maybe that's just me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.