HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: How did you find us?
Posted by: Barbarian (---.clss.net)
Date: June 10, 2005 04:29AM

google

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: aeharper (---.lns2-c10.dsl.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 29, 2005 07:03PM

Alot of searching on the net...

Posted by: miker1127 (61.68.250.---)
Date: July 30, 2005 10:22AM

I found it via another site (can't remember which) after googling FREE SHEET MUSIC. Great FREE site...the best I've seen.

Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: August 11, 2005 01:37PM

hiya (smile)))

I also found this site researching & surfing anything "harmonica" related, using google. The fact is, there are not too many online forums around like harptabs, so I was thrilled to happen upon this site. (happy dance)))

I think the thing that got my attention to click on the link to harptabs was the "FREE harmonica tabs." I didn't find another site that offered anything totally FREE. Right away, harptabs reminded me of a sort of music sharing co-op, & I wanted in! lol

Thanx again djlactose (Nick) for all you do!

~always Maria.

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 11, 2005 07:35PM

Those were all of the reasons why I started the site.

Date: August 11, 2005 08:25PM

I checked out [www.harptabs.com]

And got this:

Points for zephyrazure has changed by 8 with a bonus of 0 giving a total of 144.

Not bad at all, if I say so myself! lol

~always Maria.

P.S.: just a little side-note to let y’all know that I'm going camping this weekend, so I'll be away from my keyboard & unable to respond back right away. My family & I will be taking off tonight & be coming back Sunday evening. I'm in southwest Washington State, USA, & we have a few volcanos around us. We're going to Mount Rainier, an inactive but very majestic volcano. It's going to be soo much fun because I love camping and the great outdoors. This area is referred to as "God's Country." (grinning from ear to ear)))

Hope y’all have a wonderful weekend, & I'll see ya, when I get back! And yes, I am taking a harmonica camping with me. I'll be serenading "Bambi." (giggling))))

Date: August 12, 2005 03:45AM

I hope you enjoy your trip. I just wanted to let you know that you can also check your ranking by going here [www.harptabs.com].

Date: August 16, 2005 03:43PM

Thanx Nick...

I have a lovely camping vacasion. We ended up staying an extra day. The kewl thing was that we found out my Dutch Shepherd, Ginger, is a water dog. Every time we got near the Cowlitz River, she'd jump right in! Ginger is 4 years old, and we'd never seen this side of her. (smile))

I took my harmonica with me. I really love my Marine Band the best. Anyway, I practiced jumping keys, and can now do a fair rendition of, "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." (grin)))

While I was gone, the Golden Melody in key G arrived, & now I'm playing with that a bit. I love the more mellowed sounds of the G keys.

I do have a question: have you ever gotten a new harmonica where some of the draws sound stiff? On the lower keys (of Golden Melody), I'm having trouble hitting true key sounds on the draws. It's just not coming out as smoothly at this point, & I'm a little frustrated. It does sound a little better when the harmonica is warmed up. It should be noted that I have a broken rib and cannot use my diaphram & air flow as good as can be.

Any suggestions?

~always Maria.

Date: August 16, 2005 05:36PM

Most likely it is a combination of the new harmonica and the broken rib. Because that harmonica is in a different key you may need to draw or blow hard to vibrate the reed properly.

Posted by: GorillaMaster (---.an1.det15.da.uu.net)
Date: August 17, 2005 12:37AM

Actually I found this site on accident and I'm beginning to think this wasn't just an accident, but a miracle. I've been searching for harmonica tabs for years now and I've hardly ever found anything slightly useful. I found something called harptab.com which I wanted to check again, but by accident I typed in the address bar harptabs.com I found this and started looking around and saw all the content and the great forum and now I plan on staying here.

Date: August 17, 2005 03:29AM

Glad to have you.

Date: August 17, 2005 03:30PM

djlactose wrote: Most likely it is a combination of the new harmonica and the broken rib.

Thanx Nick... that's pretty much what my husband said, but he doesn't play the harmonica, & I needed to hear it from someone who does. (giggle))

This morning I was playing with the G harmonica again & could singularly hit the lower draw notes, but when I try to put in together in a whole song, I do run out of breathe & can't hit it hard enough.

I figure I'll have to learn to breathe all over again & that might take a few weeks until I heal better. I'll keep tryin' (wink, grin)))

~always Maria.

Posted by: RollinRevue (---.msn.com)
Date: November 20, 2005 03:36AM

through coast to coast

Posted by: IndianaZephyr (---.79.146.254.jcjc.edu)
Date: January 30, 2006 04:40PM

I was looking for a web site that I had found previously,(still aint found it) and I stumbled on this one. I love how you can search for a song and add your own! Great site! Keep it up! I just showed this site to my teacher, I'm in class now as a matter of fact. Pretty soon, you'll have a new fan!

Keep on harpin everyone!

Date: January 30, 2006 05:46PM

That is great the more the merrier, and the more postings and tabs we will have.

Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 30, 2006 07:53PM

shotokando wrote:

> I was looking for a web site that I had found previously,(still
> aint found it) and I stumbled on this one. I love how you can
> search for a song and add your own! Great site! Keep it up!
> I just showed this site to my teacher, I'm in class now as a
> matter of fact. Pretty soon, you'll have a new fan!
>
> Keep on harpin everyone!

Do you remember which site you were looking for?

Date: January 30, 2006 10:48PM

Very kewl Adam... I love "happy accidents," Serendipity.

Are you talking about a music teacher/music class?

Harptabs.com is my all time favorite harmonica website. I think of it like a music co-op family. (smile)))

It's great to have you aboard Adam.

~always Maria.

Posted by: pleuksar (---.nas4.gainesville1.fl.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: February 02, 2006 11:23PM

General web search.

When I get involved in something I can get very passionate about it. I bought books, haunted the public library, and tried all manner of keywords in web searches.

This site helps to feed the hunger for information about harmonicas.

thanks again,

-rufus

Date: February 03, 2006 05:07AM

I am glad you find some much use of it.

Date: February 04, 2006 07:16PM

rufus wrote: I can get very passionate about it

I'm the same way... when I get interested in something, all my focus & energy gets poured into it. It's rather obsessive, but music is a very positive avenue. For me, it's the perfect outlet to deal with a stressful world. (shagrin)))

~always Maria.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.