HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
posted song but it will not normally be found
Posted by: harlezy2 (24.211.21.---)
Date: January 01, 2016 05:05AM

Hello Gene
I added the diatonic version of "Act Naturally" by Buck Owens. I guess since Walt already has the Chromatic version the system did not save the draft until I added 2 spaces between the words "Act" and "Naturally". I know how to find it, but future generations will single space and only see the Chromatic version. It would be beneficial if both songs popped up on any future search. Thanks for your consideration.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: posted song but it will not normally be found
Posted by: harlezy2 (24.211.21.---)
Date: January 01, 2016 05:36PM

Gene after reviewing the home page, I have learned from Walt. It is currently showing 3 of 4 new postings marked as (Chromatic), but the fourth one is also a Chromatic song. So it seems like a way around the problem. On any given posting it looks like the first song will be fine, but the 2nd or 3rd with the same name need to be distinguished with the word (chromatic), (diatonic), (complete), or whatever distinguishing feature makes it unique. So I'll go with that and spare you the effort unless of course you have a better idea.smiling smiley

Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: January 05, 2016 05:28AM

You've found the right way to do it...Just alter the title in some way.

Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: January 05, 2016 02:13PM

That is by design, the idea is to prevent duplicate songs from being posted.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.