HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Any way to make searching for a song more efficient?
Posted by: railjumper (172.7.230.---)
Date: February 26, 2015 06:03AM

I recently posted a tab that I had for years. Didn't remember where I had gotten it. So I did a song search on here to see if this was where I got it from. No song showed up. I later happened to stumble across the song by checking out someones profile to see other songs they had posted. There was no mistake to where I got the song from since he wrote the song. So I deleted mine.

When I posted it I used a 3 word title. On his title the first two words were just one word.

My question is: Can the search be set up to where as long as it's close it will pull up similar songs? To where if you put i before e instead of e before i it will still come up with the song. Or if you use two instead of 2 or leave out 'The' at the beginning or any other little difference it will still show up.

It seems you have to be dead on, letter for letter, word for word. Sometimes the poster and the searcher may not be in total agreement as to the correct title or spelling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2015 07:58AM by railjumper.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any way to make searching for a song more efficient?
Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: February 26, 2015 04:43PM

You should only be posting Tabs you have done yourself.

As for searching I have some improvements I would like to make to the site as a whole but have not been finding anytime to make the changes.

Re: Any way to make searching for a song more efficient?
Posted by: meanon (178.199.36.---)
Date: April 09, 2015 02:57PM

The best way I have found to search harptabs.com is, well, not in harptabs.com.
Use standard Google and prefix your search with the following . . .
site:harptabs.com

For example:
site:harptabs.com amazing grace

For real experts, there is also this help information about refining a search specification:
[support.google.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.