HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
HELP!!! When I post a song it comes out jumbled.
Posted by: railjumper (172.7.230.---)
Date: February 20, 2015 07:53AM

I've tried twice to post a song. The first time I put it on notebook first and then copied and pasted on here, and then I tried to type it all out right on site. After I posted it I checked out the tab both times and the numbers are all jumbled up. Instead of one line over the text they come out in two or three lines floating kind of helter skelter up there.
I deleted them both times.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 06:41AM by railjumper.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HELP!!! When I post a song it comes out jumbled.
Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: February 21, 2015 11:35AM

Did you use Courier New font? Did you toggle the "advanced" thing off?

Date: February 21, 2015 05:04PM

I just used what ever font was already set up. I didn't change it. As far as the 'advanced' thing, I didn't do anything.
Do I need to use Courier New font, or not use it?
Do I need to turn off the 'advanced' thing? If so where and how?

Date: February 21, 2015 06:51PM

I tried again using Arial font. I didn't do the advanced thingy. It came up saying it was already posted. I had deleted my earlier tries, so I checked. It is not posted.
I also discovered two of my post are gone. I've only done 3 and one is still there. but the other two are gone. Why? One was Locomotive Breath for Diatonic. The only one it shows is for Chromatic by Walt. Don't even remember what the other one was. My account shows 3 songs, but when I go to My Tabs it only shows one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 06:53PM by railjumper.

Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: February 22, 2015 02:10AM

Create your tab in your word processor. DO use Courier New font, or any other mono-space font. It's that mono space thing that does the trick. (You can find a list of mono-apace fonts on Google or Bing or whatever, but why bother? We already know Courier New works and looks good.) Go to the tab page. Just above the tab box click "Toggle advanced editor" so that all those buttons and features go away and all that's left is a blank box. Paste your tab into that.

As far as your missing tabs, I don't know. It's possible they may have been deleted because of no tab showing, but that's just a guess. Before I delete any more tabs that don't show any tabs, I'll ask Nick if he can make them show up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2015 02:14AM by gene.

Posted by: Turkey_Man (98.24.38.---)
Date: February 22, 2015 04:17PM

I have found that after you have everything set up the way you want it on your document and have copied it to the site, highlight the entire tab then go up to the font and hit new courier and the size font you want. If you do everything in the font and size you want on your word processor, you still need to tell "the program" the font and size. Even if you did it in new courier and 10 pts. Make sure you have filled in the title, author, etc. before you save or post or you will lose everything. Hope this helps.

Date: February 22, 2015 06:07PM

It seemed to be fine until I went to post it. Then it comes up in red with,"Error adding song. Please make sure the song doesn't already exist". It doesn't exist, I checked.

UPDATE: I changed the title from "Amarillo By Morning 1st pos." to "Amarillo By Morning complete" and it posted.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2015 03:29AM by railjumper.

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (107.203.62.---)
Date: February 24, 2015 04:55AM

gene Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Create your tab in your word processor.
> DO use Courier New font, or any
> other mono-space font....Go to the tab page. Just above
> the tab box click "Toggle advanced editor" so that
> all those buttons and features go away and all
> that's left is a blank box. Paste your tab into
> that.

Gene, I've tried your above suggestion, and every time I Toggle Advanced Editor "Off", I'm unable to enter anything into the blank box. I can't paste anything in it either. Plus, once it's turned off, I can't get it turned back on!

What's up with that??

Date: February 24, 2015 07:25AM

I've just posted other songs with very little problems. I normally use Arial font. I believe it is a mono-spaced font. If I convert it to Courier it spread the numbers, but it can usually be corrected before posting.

EarthDogHarpin did you try spreading the box with the little thingy on the lower right corner first? I don't know if it makes a difference, I always do it before trying to paste.

Date: February 24, 2015 05:45PM

OMG! I never noticed that before! Thank you, Mike, I'll see if that works.... (heads off to check...)

Nope. It disappears once I toggle "off" the Toggle Advanced Editor. Once that's toggled "Off", nothing works on the page. Not even the "Reset" button.

How the heck are y'all posting tabs without that confounded double-spacing between lines showing up????

The only way I seem to be able to post a tab and keep it all lined up is to go through here (the "Phorum" ) and use the "Formatted Code" button first, then paste everything in between the two "code" notations from my word processor, then copy all of that, THEN past it in "Add a Tab". Everything stays lined up, but I get those frickin' double spaces between the lines showing up! ARRG!!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2015 06:36PM by EarthDogHarpin.

Date: February 24, 2015 10:04PM

Just posted another. Put it on Notebook first using Arial font.

Went to Add A Post. Filled in title and such first. Click the advanced thing off. Using the box spreader in lower right corner of the box I spread it some. I found out not to over spread because it will only be so big when it posts.

Copied from my Notebook, pasted it and hit submit song. Done!

Date: February 24, 2015 10:54PM

But once I click the advance editor off, the little thing in the corner disappears! And nothing works.

Are you running a Mac, or Windows, or a smart phone/Android? I'm running Windows and everything goes dead when I toggle off the Advanced Editor. Can't enter anything into to blank box. Can't reset. Can't toggle Advanced Editor back on. Can't navigate away from the page. It's like a dead end for me.

Posted by: WaltP (96.238.97.---)
Date: February 24, 2015 11:52PM

EDH are you using Google Chrom or the earlier one (I forget the name) The early one stopped working for me but Chrome does.

Posted by: WaltP (96.238.97.---)
Date: February 24, 2015 11:58PM

BTW Railjumper thanks for Amarillo. I kicked it up an octave to get rid of the bends and thanks for Locomotive Breath. I was unable to do a diatonic tab for the song and found it hard to play on the chromatic. So, I doff my cap to ya.

Date: February 25, 2015 12:31AM

Using IE.

Date: February 25, 2015 06:34AM

Your welcome Walt and thank you too. I originally had that version and the higher one on the same tab, but dropped the higher one. Not a lot of bends, but the higher octave would probably sound just as good on a low harp. I should of left it on there. Maybe I'll add it or just do another.

I'm using Chrome too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2015 06:45AM by railjumper.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.