HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Print Drafts
Posted by: Turkey_Man (98.24.38.---)
Date: November 15, 2014 05:18PM

How come some of my drafts when I go to print look good and others look like the computer is analyzing them..ie. font, size, etc.? Does this self correct or am I doing something wrong?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Print Drafts
Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: November 18, 2014 04:49PM

Can you give me some examples of the not working ones?

Posted by: golfincanada (70.48.113.---)
Date: November 24, 2014 11:23AM

I've written a program that may help with viewing and printing your HarpTabs. I posted a link to the file under the "Harmonica Chat" phorum with a subject of "HarpTab Printing!".

Date: November 29, 2014 04:24PM

Lost Highway and Just Once. Usually tabs I just posted. I thought it was just something you did to review new tabs before letting them print. I think I'm doing it right, but maybe not. Thanks for the help.

Date: November 30, 2014 07:50PM

Nick,
I did fix Just Once by deleting and starting over. I tried to fix Ramblin' Man by deleting the body and repasting, but that didn't seem to work. I'm not sure if it has something to do with editing the spacing in the drafts. Anyway I went back and saw 96 degrees in the shade and Lost Highway have the problem also. Let me know if you can figure it out. If not I can delete them and start over. Sorry for the problem. Never have been too good with technology.

Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: December 01, 2014 02:33PM

The draft versions are exactly the same as the regular version there is just a flag in the database to allow it to be viewable by only you or not. Have you tried not using the advanced editor?

Date: December 03, 2014 03:06AM

I'm not sure how not to use the advance editor, but I have tried a lot of things. I think I will just delete the ones that don't look like they print and repost. No big deal. Thanks for the advice.

Posted by: yukon (24.144.160.---)
Date: December 03, 2014 08:01AM

Above the box you are setting up your tabs in it says "advanced editor" clicking on that turns it on and off, if you see just a plain box to put your tab in then the editor is off which is what you want, if it shows icons in the box then the editor is on, you can do your tabs with it on but it takes more work so it is easier to just turn it off. Also I have found for myself that if I need to edit a tab I have to delete the entire body of the tab and repost it or it doesn't turn out right. I haven't looked at your tabs so you may be doing this already, by using courier new font and a size 12 then the tabs line up better for you, or at least that has been my experience.

Posted by: Turkey_Man (71.75.20.---)
Date: December 05, 2014 12:43PM

I think I have solved my problem. I was typing my tabs in New Courier and at 12 pts thinking that was what I was suppose to do. Everything looked good including when I looked at the song after posting, but when you went to print you got "computer talk". What solved my problem was when I got into the editor and highlighted the tab and actually clicked new courier and 12 pts. I assumed if I did it on my word document the editor would recognize it. Anyway my frustration levels is down and all is good. Thanks for you help.

Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: December 06, 2014 02:14AM

New Courier is important. There are other fonts that stay lined up like that, but I don't know what they are. The size is a matter of preference. I like 12pts, but on tabs with longer lines, I've used 10pts

EDIT:
Come to think of it, I'm not sure what size I use, but I have used different sizes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2014 02:15AM by gene.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.