HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Incorrect Tabs
Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: October 23, 2014 04:09PM

Pointing out an incorrect note in a tab is appreciated, but the error should be addressed to the tabber via Private Message. It is not Nick's or my job to correct other peopl's tabs. The tab reporting function is used to report duplicate tabs, spam, etc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Incorrect Tabs
Posted by: Turkey_Man (98.24.38.---)
Date: November 07, 2014 11:33PM

I really don't have a problem correcting my tabs. I posted them because I love them and I feel like others will too. If someone sees something wrong, let me know. I learned how to play taking tabs off this site. The last thing I would want is to have people playing my mistakes. I think this is the spirit of this site. We are all just trying to find the beauty in the music.

Date: November 08, 2014 06:36AM

I feel the same way. If you think my tab is wrong, let me know. I'll look at it and correct it if I agree it's wrong.

Posted by: beads (107.136.17.---)
Date: November 08, 2014 11:42PM

Mistakes happen but we need to also remember that diatonic instruments have a long history of cheating the melody sometimes. For instance a friend recently requested I record O Holy Night for this coming Christmas. I came here for tab and found a nice first position version that sounded just OK. Next I got sheet music and there it was, there is one flatted note in the tune. Just a passing note. In first position it would mean bending a blow note that most diatonics can't do. So most people playing this in first position will just hit the unbent note (it's not held long) and it will sound OK, but not perfect. I would not tell somebody that such a tab has a mistake. By the way, I'm going to record it on an alt tuned harp in second that will let me get that bend. But not everybody is into alt tunings. Cheating the melody is also done on other diatonic instruments like the 20 button concertina or the dulcimer.

Date: November 10, 2014 02:45AM

You can also cheat the melody, sometimes, by playing that unobtainable passing note the same as the note right before it or after it.

Posted by: WaltP (96.238.104.---)
Date: November 10, 2014 06:24PM

or you could get a chromatic or a slide harp and hear how the song is s'pose to sound.

Posted by: railjumper (172.7.230.---)
Date: February 24, 2015 07:36AM

A Chromatic? Heck I'm sticking with one battle at a time. It's me and the Diatonics. I quit keeping score, too many points on the other side. There may be a Chromatic in my future, but it's a ways down the line.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.