HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
"This Page Is Being Stolen"
Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: December 28, 2013 06:56AM

Nick,
I posted a link in the request page to a song tab in Harptabs.com. It displayed the tab for a couple of seconds, then the page went blank, except for a message that says, "This page is being stolen from Harptabs.com." I tried again, and got the same result.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2013 12:21AM by gene.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "This Page Is Being Stolen"
Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (107.203.62.---)
Date: December 28, 2013 04:47PM

That happened to me, too! Can't remember exactly when, but it's been more than a couple of days. I've only seen it once though. Did set me on edge a bit.

Date: December 29, 2013 01:35AM

Just happened again. I'd clicked on a member's name (link to their page) here on the forum. Got an otherwise blank page with:
"This page is being stolen from [www.harptabs.com] ".
Hit the "back" button and was once again at the forum.
???

Date: December 29, 2013 01:51AM

I can duplicate getting that page by clicking on anybody's name in the Forum. Doesn't matter who's name (link), and the page has this web address:
" [www.harptabs.com] ".
Also, in the post above, the notation on the page in question was NOT appearing as a link. But noticed after the post that the word "harptabs" was now a link (didn't look like a link on the page).

Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: December 29, 2013 06:22PM

That is an anti-theft system I put in place a long time ago. People were creating a frame for the website and put the site inside of it. So it was hiding the ads on our site and replacing them with theirs. I will look into making it not happen on this site... all of the links are supposed to pop open in a new tab or window which for some reason has now changed.

Date: December 29, 2013 08:01PM

ok it should be fixed now.

Posted by: harmusman (80.44.166.---)
Date: December 31, 2013 05:23PM

Clever Nick, "seriously folks" we have a lot to thank Nick for, this Tab site has been a boon to many, and it's upkeep must now be a fulltime job. the technicalities of it amaze me. Thanks Nick.

Date: December 31, 2013 07:53PM

I second that.

Thank you, Nick. Thank you for putting in all the time required to keep this site up. Thank you for fixing glitches, and bugs. Thank you for the Harptabs site.

You are, truly, appreciated.

Date: January 02, 2014 02:27PM

Thank you, I have to say the growth that this site has undergone has amazed me. i never expected it to ever get to where it is today. I am about to do a test on some major changes to the site which should make it even better... if they work lol.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.