HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Ads in the text portion of people's tabs
Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (76.251.176.---)
Date: May 14, 2013 01:27AM

WHY is there an add and link for J.P Allen's site at the top of the text portion of everybody's tabs now? angry smiley

I have no problem with J.P. Allen putting advertising and links to his site on his own tabs, or on his own work product but having HIS ADS put on OTHER PEOPLE'S work product is not okay. hot smiley

'Splain please.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ads in the text portion of people's tabs
Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: May 14, 2013 03:02PM

That is a paid advertisement. It is not within the work of other people it is between the heading data and the tab itself.

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (76.251.183.---)
Date: May 14, 2013 04:39PM

Figured it was a paid advertisiment, which I support in it's proper form, but in it's current form appears, at first blush, to be part of the tab. It also gives the impression that the person who wrote the tab is encouraging other people to go to this particular individual to learn how to play that particular tab (which may be misleading).

Is there any way you can put it in a nice, big, color graphic banner/link either above the heading data, or in a sidebar? Or even at the bottom of the page, after the box of those who've favorited the tab? That way there's no misunderstanding that 1) it is an advertisiment, 2) is not part of the tab, 3) it is not necessarily a suggestion of the person who wrote the tab to go to this particular individual to learn how to play that particular tab.

Date: May 15, 2013 01:29PM

I plan on putting a box around the ad so it appears similar to other sites but when I tried it out it didn't look right. So additional adjustments need to be made but they asked if they could get it up immediately.

Posted by: meanon (92.107.162.---)
Date: May 15, 2013 08:05PM

I use Firefox with Adblock Plus. It leaves the text untouched . . .

. . . more with easy video lessons ->.

but strips out the URL for the advert. It looks odd and it was only when I saw the discussion above that I realised what was happening.

In my Internet Explorer (with no AD Blocking software) it looks like this . . .

. . . more with easy video lessons ->click here.

where "click here" is a hotspot. I would personally prefer to have the choice of completely removing the adverts.

Date: May 16, 2013 06:51PM

That had been something discussed a while ago, if people would be willing to pay a fee for ad free browsing of the site. It didn't seem like there was much interest in it so I didn't waste my time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.