HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Déjà vu
Posted by: 03lindsi (86.150.241.---)
Date: March 10, 2013 01:12PM

Is it me and seeing things or is a certain member who was banned not too long ago posting up songs again? Not that I have a problem with 'Row Row Row your boat in G' (I always preferred to row my boat in a river or at least in water) or 'Harmonica warm-up' (no comment). I am just finding it a bit strange I thought he was banned, has there been a change of heart somewhere?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Déjà vu
Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: March 10, 2013 07:36PM

His IP was blocked. He must have used somebody else' computer. He can't seem to get the subtle hints.

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (76.251.182.---)
Date: March 10, 2013 08:06PM

So when will that IP address be blocked?

Posted by: ,,, (24.209.131.---)
Date: March 10, 2013 09:31PM

Date: March 11, 2013 02:56AM

Already thieving again, too.

Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: March 11, 2013 02:47PM

After a one week ban I gave him another chance since he couldn't even view the site. He knows if there is another problem he can't even view the site again so he is trying to do the right thing.

Date: March 11, 2013 10:46PM

Problems like blatantly stealing tabs? Or does changing the font and claiming it's in G (when it isn't) constitute a new original tab?

Date: March 12, 2013 02:21AM

So far, Nicky2002 (aka gogo) has stolen:
Hound dog in G from
Scott Christensen's tab "Hound Dog" Hound Dog;
and
kukaburra from
chibluesteve's tab Kookaburro (at least in this one he bothered to take out the extra lyrics, but the numbers are exactly the same);
and
New kid in town in G from
malotte's tab New Kid In Town;
and
Pop goes the weasel in G from
djlactose's tab Pop Goes The Weasel;
and
Snow bird in G from
gatman's tab Snow Bird;
and
Welcome to my world. from
pcguyiv's tab Welcome to My World...
I got tired of looking but I'm sure there's more.
Still a thief.

Date: March 12, 2013 03:44AM

Check out 1000harptabs.com
Some tabs came from there.

Date: March 12, 2013 01:53PM

I have sent him a message and told him that is something we don't do. We really should have a list of rules for posting. If someone writes it up I can make the list have to be agreed to before anyone can post stuff. I think this may help new members hopefully not break these rules since they are unwritten at the moment.

Date: March 12, 2013 04:24PM

A List of Rules won't make any difference in this case. He/she has already been told MULTIPLE TIMES what is allowed and what isn't. You've messaged him multiple times about it and even banned him, albeit temporarily, for his multiple transgressions and outright thievery. Nicky2002/gogo is a liar, a manipulator, and a thief.

Here's a question:
What does one do when they find a thief in their house AFTER they've previously caught the thief red-handed and already booted him out TWICE (and sealed the window in which the thief entered)? Then the thief gains entry through an unsecured window after the previous window he/she broke into had been sealed/secured AND AGAIN BEGINS STEALING?

I know what I would do.... What would you do?

Date: March 12, 2013 06:22PM

He's demonstrated more than enough times that he knows and doesn't care about the expectations. At this point he's just trolling us. I understand not wanting to hurt his enthusiasm, but the kid is a brat. Is he worth protecting over everyone this is detrimental to? This would include:

-any tabbers who post real tabs and don't like being spammed right off the newest tab list by stolen and useless crap
-anyone who wants to learn correct tabs since nicky has no idea what he's doing (he thinks that saying a song is in G means it's in G)
-Anyone who comes to the site and sees all the useless crap and thinks that's what the majority of the site consists of
-anyone who gets their tabs stolen by him
-Anyone newbies to this site who are wary from the drama he creates in the forums
-Anyone he surpasses in points who actually deserved them (either from posting junk tabs or spamming the forum with stupid posts, which I'm also not thrilled about)
-Then there's always the possibility of legal action when he steals tabs from other sites.

At what point does he no longer matter more than all of those people put together? Seriously? If he wants to ragequit the harmonica because he can no longer use this site as his personal arcade game, that's on him, not us. I would sleep well that night.

Date: March 12, 2013 07:13PM

A basic rule in life that he needs to learn:
If you refuse to follow the rules, you're not welcome. Your actions have consequences.

Posted by: 03lindsi (86.166.56.---)
Date: March 12, 2013 07:24PM

If you join a community you join the rules, simple as.

Date: March 12, 2013 07:38PM

HE KNOWS HE'S BREAKING THE RULES!!! He's been told SPECIFICCALY about stealing songs from other sites. In the last few minutes, he posted Music, Music, Music.

He stole it from the same place he's stolen other tabs: From HERE

HE ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT COMPLY.

I assume this means we've seen the last of him. Right, Nick?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2013 07:40PM by gene.

Date: March 12, 2013 07:55PM

Please BAN this individual and block each and every IP Address he or she attempts to use to gain access to the site, PERMANENTLY. It is abundantly clear he/she will not stop otherwise.

Date: March 12, 2013 11:26PM

Hotel California: [www.harptabs.com]
Hotel California in G :[www.harptabs.com]

Date: March 13, 2013 01:03AM

AND HE'S STILL RERPOSTING TABS I'VE DELETED!!

PLEASE, NICK:

GET THIS F---IN' LITTLE S--- TO H--- OUTA HERE FOR GOOD!!!!

Date: March 13, 2013 03:42PM

After receiving Genes polite request I have booted him from the site again.

I had spoken to him and he really didn't know he wasn't supposed to be posting tabs from other sites and said he would stop but Gene is a moderator here and does a lot of the deleting and moderating here so if he has a problem with someone I am going to side with him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2013 07:57PM by djlactose.

Date: March 13, 2013 05:52PM

Thank you, Nick.
He does read the forum, so he has to know that we do not approve of taking tabs from other sites. He has been told several other things...point-blank...told clearly and directly to him. He says, "OK," but keeps on with it anyway. He told you he would stop, but I gaurantee he would have found another site to steal from (since we've found the one he was using).

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.