HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
I need help
Posted by: gogo (75.24.76.---)
Date: March 01, 2013 10:31PM

I need help with how to write tabs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I need help
Date: March 01, 2013 10:32PM

And how too keep the webmaster from erasing them

Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: March 02, 2013 12:24AM

First, you need to know something about the harmonica before you try to write tabs. That much should be obvious.

Compare your tabs to other tabs on the site. You don't just string all the notes in one long, continuous line. We try to put one musical phrase on a line (or two lines if it's a long phrase). And we leave spaces between each note. More detail in this thread.

As far as not getting your tabs deleted...Well, we've tried to tell you a number of times. We don't want songs you've written yourself. Nobody's heard of them and nobody cares about them. Nobody knows what they sound like. If I were to write a song, I would record it and post a link to it. If somebody liked it and requested the tabs, I would email the tab to that person. ... Maybe. winking smiley
ALSO:
DO NOT POST DUPLICATES!!! If the tabs you have are already here, DON'T POST THEM!

Didn't you say you've only been playing harmonica a week or two? You're not ready to write tabs. Don't just simply toy around with your harmonica, STUDY. LEARN. Of course you can just toy around with it, but do so in a constructive way. You have the needed enthusiasm, but you need to apply your enthusiasm in a more organized way. Yeah, the harmonica is fun, but it's more fun when you know what you're doing with it. The study is worth the effort. Can you bend notes, yet?

I recommend Jon Gindick's "Rock & Blues Harmonica." You'll love it and you'll learn from it. But if you start doing some real tabbing, PLEASE don't tab the way Gindick does!! :p
This book.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2013 12:34AM by gene.

Posted by: ,,, (24.209.131.---)
Date: March 02, 2013 12:28AM

ok, come on. He's heard more than enough times that he's not supposed to be doing what he's doing, he just doesn't care. Enough is enough.

Date: March 02, 2013 12:46AM

Ya hear that, Gogo? The crowd is chanting, "Ban him! Ban him! Ban him!..."
I'm surprised it hasn't happened already...I mean in a permanent way. Nick can block you from even getting on this site. You wouldn't even be able to come back with yet another name.

"One more chance, one more chance, one more chance." How many more times do you think you'll hear that? WRONG! You won't hear it ANY more times. I'm not even sure if your permanent banishment isn't just some little task that Nick hasn't quite gotten around to, yet.

Now I advise you: LISTEN TO US. If it isn't too late.

Date: March 02, 2013 12:58AM

It's Nick's good nature that's kept you here this long. And I'm a soft heart, too. but...uhm...Well, I just got back from the home page, and I see you've reposted tabs that have been deleted over and over. I deleted them again. The reasons are given in my first post in this thread. Put them up one more time, ONE more time, and I will recommend that Nick blocks you from the site. You won't even be able to read it.

Date: March 02, 2013 01:08AM

Just don't delete them!

Date: March 02, 2013 02:04AM

The end.

Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: March 02, 2013 03:09AM

Banned

Date: March 02, 2013 04:37AM

After considering all availabe options, we feel we've reached the only viable solution.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2013 04:55AM by gene.

Posted by: harmusman (82.44.234.---)
Date: March 02, 2013 12:26PM

Gene nice Joke, but it dosn't say much for those at Harptabs. Nicholas A go go will be laughing all the way to the monkery, Aipery, no bees are there, maybe nuthouse would suffice.

Date: March 02, 2013 04:52PM

Nuthouse? I did find the title of this thread amusing! winking smiley

Posted by: nicky2002 (75.27.151.---)
Date: March 10, 2013 03:53PM

You love monkeys gene!

Date: March 10, 2013 07:44PM

Chimps are not monkeys; they are apes...BIG difference.

My uncle, Alfonso Chimpinsi, really hates to be called a monkey.

Posted by: nicky2002 (75.27.151.---)
Date: March 10, 2013 08:34PM

I know chimps are apes. I just had a typo.

Posted by: yukon (24.144.160.---)
Date: March 12, 2013 09:49AM

Gene, I too know that Elephants are snakes, Ooooops I had a typo also,
I meant Lions are Zebras, Ooooops had another typo.
What I really meant is that I also know that Chimps are Apes,and they eat monkeys.

Speaking of Oooops, I saw on Yahoo that some scientist announced that from new findings that he believes now (at least at this point) that there is no other life out there now but we will find out more as technology improves, I didn't read the whole thing just kind of glanced through it quickly. Just wondered if you saw that?

[news.yahoo.com]

Date: March 12, 2013 04:39PM

The compounds required for life are plentiful throughout the galaxy. (I'd bet throughout the universe as well.) On this planet, we keep finding life where it would seem it can't exist. I believe that there is life anywhere life is possible.

Posted by: nicky2002 (75.41.70.---)
Date: March 13, 2013 01:32AM

So now were talking about animals and typos and galaxies.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.