HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What happened to my tabs?
Posted by: nicky2002 (75.37.237.---)
Date: February 26, 2013 04:08PM

I had 43 tabs but someone erased HALF of them. I only have 5 tabs left. Please tell me what happened. nicky2002

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What happened to my tabs?
Posted by: harmusman (82.44.234.---)
Date: February 26, 2013 04:58PM

Nicky if you were told, would you listen/read, then reply OK , and just carry on regardless.

Read, digest,understand.

Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: February 26, 2013 05:12PM

Once again, this site is for harmonica tabulature; not random numbers. A tab for a song that nobody except the author knows is random numbers.

You have a lot to learn about music. Are you studying the stuff offered in the "Lessons" forum? That's a start...Only a start. Stick with it!

Date: February 26, 2013 05:33PM

So people can just delete other people's tabs?

Posted by: yukon (24.144.160.---)
Date: February 26, 2013 05:53PM

No, only gene and djlactose can do that and only after giving you warnings about your improper posting of songs do they do it, and as you have been told before your tabs are no good as they are posted, it is a shame you don't want or think you need the help that you were offered, they can delete you from the site also.

Posted by: 03lindsi (86.135.178.---)
Date: February 26, 2013 06:29PM

Just to clarify, djlactose is the web-master (the legend who runs the site) and gene is a moderator (another legend who was granted special powers by the first legend).

Date: February 26, 2013 07:37PM

so they touched my songs?

Date: February 26, 2013 07:37PM

can they give them back to me?

Date: February 26, 2013 07:50PM

Thanks, Lindsi, but I'm not really even a moderator! I started out as just a spam cop, but Nick made it much more difficult for spammers to spam this site. One reason that I was given this position is that Nick knew that I would not want to use the technical capabilities he gave me.

well, since he trusts me, Nick said I could do some other little stuff, like move a post to a more appropriate section, delete reported tabs if I see fit to do so.... Stuff like that.

This is pretty much a self-moderated site. It rarely needs moderating. When it needs moderating, the issue is brought to Nick's attention either from y'all directly, or from y'all to me then to Nick.

Some of you, one in particular, seem to think I'm almost equal to Nick in authority. I AM NOT. I don't want that authority, and Nick doesn't want me to have it. That has been made very clear in every post made by Nick and me about the subject. It is NEVER my position to make the decision to ban somebody or delete their tabs. I'm just a chimp trained to perform menial tasks. ... And I take it upon myself to offer a little help to the community, here, when I can & feel like it.

Date: February 26, 2013 08:07PM

I don't need to know how you got your position! JUST GIVE MY TABS BACK TO ME!angry smiley

Date: February 26, 2013 08:34PM

Really nicky2002, I think if anyone you should know about how gene got his position. These things are important {cartoon like bubble appears and starts remembering the past.......[www.harptabs.com]..........
[www.harptabs.com]....}........Woah!! Got lost in thought there. Anyway nicky2002 I am sure your tabs will be allowed if you adhere to everything that has been said in the various forum posts over the past few days

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2013 08:35PM by 03lindsi.

Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: February 26, 2013 09:20PM

Once a tab is deleted it is deleted there is no recovering it unless I go into the backups. That is something I would not like to have to do.

Date: February 26, 2013 09:30PM

Well at least tell me the names of the songs you deleted

Date: February 26, 2013 09:31PM

At the rate your going putting everything back up I would have thought you know what was taken down.

Date: February 26, 2013 09:36PM

I know a few that were taken down but not all.

Date: February 26, 2013 09:41PM

Since when did a few constitute as 22?

Date: February 26, 2013 09:45PM

More to the point nicky2002, do you not know why they were taken down?

Date: February 26, 2013 10:00PM

I don't recall being on a forum where it's OK to defy the webmas...Oh, never mind. Nick will explain things.

Posted by: ,,, (24.209.131.---)
Date: February 27, 2013 01:20AM

You were told numerous times to stop posting, you said ok but ignored everyone anyway, and now you don't understand why your tabs are gone? Really?

You obviously never got it through your head that this site isn't your personal arcade game, but I couldn't be happier to see you putting those tabs back up because I'm gonna enjoy what comes next. Thanks for the lulz...

*grabs a bucket of popcorn*

Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: February 27, 2013 02:09AM

He has now been blocked from the site. I will be removing everything he has posted.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.