New tab not showing up
Posted by: railjumper (70.241.24.---)
Date: December 31, 2012 06:02PM

I just posted a new tab, only my second one, and it counted it in my profile, but it doesn't show up on the homepage. Does it take a while before it shows up?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2012 06:11PM by railjumper.

Re: New tab not showing up
Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: December 31, 2012 09:58PM

Tabs should show up immediately. I don't know why it wouldn't be there.

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (76.251.186.---)
Date: December 31, 2012 11:06PM

Mike, had you been working on your tab and storing it in the "My Drafts" area before you decided to publish it? Have you checked to see if your tab is in the complete list of tabs by doing a "Search Tabs"?

A couple of months ago I worked on a tab for a couple of days and kept storing the draft in the "My Drafts" area. When I had it ready to submit, and I published it, it didn't show up in the "10 Newest Tabs" area on the home page. However, I did a search for it and it did come up in the search results. Nick fixed the glitch back then. Maybe the glitch is back?

Posted by: railjumper (70.241.18.---)
Date: January 01, 2013 04:18PM

Yesterday it showed in my profile 2 tabs added, but only showed 1 in my list. Today it said I only posted 1 tab, so I tried again. Shows 2 tabs posted, but no tab shows up in the list or my list. Tried again and it says tab already exists, yet it shows up nowhere. I made the tab on Word awhile back and just copied and pasted. The song was in the box when I hit post tab. The song is "Locomotive Breath". Complete song for diatonic. There is one listed for chromatic.

Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: January 01, 2013 10:12PM

If a song named "Locomotive Breath" already exists, you can't add another song named "Locomotive Breath." You will get a message that says "Tab already exists" (or sumthin' like that). You would have to give yours' another name. Something like "Locomotive Breath (diatonic)."

Date: January 02, 2013 06:46AM

By changing the title worked! BUT....Darn it, I forgot to add who it was by which is not a real big deal BUT.... When I was looking at the tab I noticed it didn't have one line tabbed correctly. After I printed myself a copy I corrected it on my paper but forgot to change it on the computer before I posted it. Is there a way to edit it? I know I'm quickly becoming a pain in the @$$. Sorry.

Date: January 02, 2013 07:07AM

Never mind. I figured it out. At least now I know how to do it and will hopefully come up with another tab. It's getting harder to come up with a tab that isn't already on here, which is a good thing really. It's a great site and has been very helpful in my journy with this obsession I call a harmonica. It's a very easy but difficult instrument to play.

Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: January 02, 2013 02:55PM

ok glad you figured out what was going on.

Posted by: nicky2002 (75.41.69.---)
Date: February 19, 2013 05:07PM

they should show up when you click " add tab"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.