HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
We're Making Progress
Posted by: WaltP (96.238.103.---)
Date: December 01, 2012 08:46PM

I decided to do a google search so I put in a song name and followed it up with harmonica and then harmonica tab and finally harp tab and they all lead me to this site. I guess that makes us the goto destination for harmonica tabs. Ain't that great!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: We're Making Progress
Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: December 01, 2012 08:52PM

I've seen this site pop up in search results, too!!

Posted by: ,,, (24.209.131.---)
Date: December 02, 2012 09:43AM

I just searched for "idiot wind midi" and the tab for that song was the 3rd result, despite not even having the word midi in it.

However, google does filter your results based on what they know about you, which includes past searches and possibly browsing history. Given how much time we spend here, you'd expect it to be ranked high for us anyway.

Posted by: meanon (92.107.170.---)
Date: December 02, 2012 12:38PM

Following this up, I did a Google search for "Harmonica Waltp". Surely there can only be one relevant site with this unique combination of search terms and that is naturally harptabs.com ? Interestingly, this is not the case and I stumbled across the following:
[harmonica.ru]
I don't speak russian but I fumbled my way through the search function and found some more familiar looking tabs. Here is the first tab of another famous contributor to harptabs.com, in this case, me winking smiley . . .
[harmonica.ru]
There are many more . . .
[harmonica.ru]
[harmonica.ru]
A search for tinman yield quite few because this name often appears in the body of a tab . . .
[harmonica.ru]
[harmonica.ru]
Here is an example of one which has since been removed from harptabs.com because it was a near copy of one from another site (only the +3's were change to -2's but the characteristic timing notation retained) . . .
[harmonica.ru]
So it looks like a near clone of harptabs.com content but probably made one or two years ago, and also quite nice looking smiling smiley

Date: December 02, 2012 02:29PM

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. smiling smiley

Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: December 03, 2012 03:07PM

I looked over that harmonica.ru and it looks people are translating and re-posting the content from here. Much in the way some people here do the same thing from other sites...

Date: December 03, 2012 10:46PM

I don't know what others think, but I think that's just fine. Our stuff is being made available to people who could not really use this site anyway, due to the language barrier.

Posted by: yukon (24.144.160.---)
Date: December 04, 2012 08:39AM

I looked up the site and found the question "how to add tabs to this site" in their forum section. Here is the translated version of the answer. Notice step #2 "THERE WE ARE". No wonder why so many of our songs are there.

My Lord

Communication: 3545
Website My Lord » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:45 am

Usually this topic all topics are reduced to a single "give tabs".

1. to start the look desired melody in the section on the site [harmonica.ru]

2. visit the Web site www.harptabs.com It contains about 5000 tunes, also try voplol′zovat′sâ search and alphabetical index [www.harptabs.com]

3. generate the required tabs from the MIDI-file melodiis using the Harping v 2.3.0 [harmonica.ru] for example, MIDI you can take here [www.midi-karaoke.info] or if not there, browse through a search engine, find the MIDI file is quite easy if you try.

How to use the program?

The program has a simple and intuitive interface.
1. open the MIDI file using the File-open command

The program: at the top of the command tab, under them, the main window toolbar.

The main window is divided into vertical lines dividing bars with number indicating the measure number, horizontal lines show the stave, it consists of solos from the treble clef at the beginning, and under it the party bass clef key at first. In the upper-left corner of the main window shows the tone of the piece and size. The green bar is displayed at the top, the blue bar indicates the place in the file which is played at the moment.

And so, after opening the file in the window boxes with letters, poâvâûtsâ this marking notes.
To display digital tablature in the rightmost tab in the toolbar, click the name of your tool, or diatonic scale esenses. Simple notes are displayed in green, yellow, red-bendingovye-sheet music from overbendami. When progryvanie already lost scores are displayed in blue. Select one of the notes of the party by clicking on it with right button and clicking the topmost command with the display of the batch number, with all the party appears in blue, next again, right click on one of the music to the party and then click Show Only This Track, when it will only have chosen party, all the other notes do not appear, then right-click again on any notes and select the first command, indicating the parties and the non-removal of the selection. This will display only the desired note.

Also, on the toolbar, clicking on an image you can select the desired tone accordion accordion and configuration. If you party all the same is indicated by the letters, you can improve on the floor tone command tab Tools-Transposite-All Half Step Up, or lower to the floor tone Tools-Transposite-All Half Step Down. You can also increase per octave Tools-Transposite-All Octave Up or drop an octave Tools-Transposite-All Octave Down.

If you succeeded, you can add tabs into site section [harmonica.ru] log in using the login and password of your registration on the Forum. Still, you can play and record the melody and put in Zacinite as I'm playing. " Create theme "guitar tabs" Chronicled is optional.

Date: December 04, 2012 11:35AM

Great!! thumbs up

Date: December 04, 2012 02:40PM

The thing to remember is if they are connecting the the server that provides more load and costs us for bandwidth. Normally ads are shown to off set the costs but they are not showing our ads they are showing their ads. So if they are displaying content straight from this site we literally are paying for it.

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (76.251.181.---)
Date: December 04, 2012 08:19PM

That ain't cool....

Does taking up that bandwith also cause a slow down in the load time for us to be able to view pages here at harptabs?

Date: December 05, 2012 12:17AM

Oh. Not so great. Can they be contacted for negotiation - or blocked?

Date: December 05, 2012 02:01PM

I have been looking into it we have had lots of people downloading the entire site and as they are detected I block their access but if someone is smart enough they can do it and not get caught. As for contacting them I deal with a lot of individuals from Russian at work and I have yet to meet anyone who would care. Their authorities never care either, so I don't think their is much that can be done.

This isn't the first time I have come across people profiting from our content, but this is the first time I have not easily tracked them down and blocked them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.