HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
edit song problem
Posted by: harmusman (82.44.234.---)
Date: April 16, 2012 09:31PM

Have got it sorted and can get a tabb on by switching of "Toggle editor" but if it needs to be corrected/edited, when corrected the tabb comes back in a jumbled mess and one has to start again, any help here to save my exasperation levels.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: edit song problem
Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: April 17, 2012 05:01AM

Yep. That editor is nuthin' but trouble.

Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: April 17, 2012 03:26PM

If you give me the tab which you are talking about I can tweak the code to possible fix the formatting issues. The problem is for security I am filtering out a ton of stuff.

Posted by: harmusman (82.44.234.---)
Date: April 18, 2012 08:18PM

The Tabb I put on and was readable, but I noticed I had made a minor mistake so did an edit, it was after the edit that the tabb reverted to a messed up jumble at that point I removed the whole tabb. I will re-enter it later and be more carefull, thanks for your offer.

Date: April 18, 2012 08:48PM

Once it is up let me know so I can fix it. Someone else had the same problem but they didn't give me the original file to work with.

Posted by: 03lindsi (217.155.185.---)
Date: July 09, 2012 11:23AM

I had this problem today, when editing a tab. So I re-did the entire thing. If you want the file it was [www.harptabs.com]

Posted by: ryudevil (180.248.6.---)
Date: July 20, 2012 06:49PM

i have some problem i realese that my previous tab wrong and i want change it with new one but not work( can edited my previous tab in file) .... so i deleted it and make new again but the problem is all space that i make became strange and make people more confused when read it ...in edit mode it aloud more better( so i not chnage it ), but the result make me sick ...... [www.harptabs.com].... and now i can edited at all ...what i mean is look like my blog view [diky-cozu.blogspot.com]
i ever make it some change before it and i still can change it but and it recongnize spasi that i make eventhought need some change but now it not work at all

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2012 06:59PM by ryudevil.

Posted by: yukon (24.144.160.---)
Date: July 21, 2012 09:59AM

Below is from another post of mine. I use Word first as that is where I save all my tabs that I do, you can just use Notebook if you want to save a few steps. If you need to edit one of your tabs change it in Notebook and then clear out your one in the edit page and copy and paste your new one from Notebook.

Maybe you can try this, it works for me, (my problem was that I always got double spacing between my lines), Using Microsoft Word set margins at 0" left and 4.25" right,(I have a file saved with those settings so I don't have to set it up each time) set font to courier new and size to 12. I usually just copy and paste lyrics into Word (in which case I hightlight the lyrics and click clear formatting and then set the font and size), but if typing in the lyrics when I get to the end of a line I hit "enter" and do not let it automatically drop down to next line. After adding the numbers above the lines of text I then copy and paste that into Notepad, which is in the accessories menu. From there I copy that and paste into the add a tab box, highlight the entire tab, then I click on clear formatting, then I set the font to courier new and the size to 3(12pt) and then I click "save song" and my tabs come out looking correct. It is extra work but as long as it works at least I can keep posting tabs. Hopefully this helps you also.

Posted by: ryudevil (180.248.9.---)
Date: July 21, 2012 11:38AM

but i can edit my tab at all now .... ijust can edit alll file below it like harmonica type , the difficulty, when i press tab or delete it will back to previous page .... maybe i need make new one again with your advice.... i used firefox 14.01...is it crash with firefox? ok i will try it with opera or chrom hope it will work and edit file still work on it ..

i try it with other browser like chrom and opera and it have some problem i still can edit it in my tab so the solution is make new one and make it in notepad..... but hopefully if harptabs team solved this edit problem ..... thx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2012 11:53AM by ryudevil.

Posted by: WaltP (96.238.99.---)
Date: July 21, 2012 01:16PM

Yesterday, (I think) I went to an old song of mine Lily Of the West to change the label to chrom, I was able to change the heading but nothing in the actual body of the song. I went back just now to find the song itself had disappeared. All the rest is there but no song. Houston I think we have a problem!!

Date: July 23, 2012 02:21PM

I am looking into it now... I don't know what would have happened though.

Date: July 23, 2012 02:24PM

I made a change which I think might fix it, I am testing it out now.

Date: July 23, 2012 02:31PM

After testing I think this has been fixed.

Posted by: WaltP (96.238.99.---)
Date: July 23, 2012 04:36PM

My Lily Of The West is still gone however.

Date: July 23, 2012 05:03PM

The song is gone. I can restore it from backup if you can tell me when it was last there and intact.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.