HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Theme Songs
Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: April 12, 2012 07:02PM

Would it be possible to list one tab that would show up in two (or more) page listings? I'm thinking theme songs such as "Suicide is Painless" could show up on the S page AND on the M page ("MASH Theme" )- Yakety Sax/Benny Hill Theme, etc.)

Perhaps, besides the box where we type the title to the song when we're posting, there could be an "a.k.a" box.

National anthems would benefit from this as, well.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2012 07:04PM by gene.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Theme Songs
Posted by: WaltP (96.238.102.---)
Date: April 12, 2012 07:18PM

Also a lot of folk music has multiple names.

Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: April 12, 2012 09:04PM

There would be a backend logistics problem with that. I would need to run multiple queries to the database and tax the server double the amount per search request.

I would need to create something like an alias tab which would point to the original tab but have a different name. This type of thing would get very mess and I think it would make everything hard to find since people will create alias for everything.

I might be able to create a keyword listing for each tab with an automatic script which would then could be used in searching... so the search would have a keyword field added where you could enter keywords. Something like that would be a intense project because I would need to basically create a google like search engine for use on the site.

The only other option I could easily make available would be to use google for the searching of the site (like we had in the past and everyone hated). If we do that method I would leave the current search and just add them as the keyword search, which would just be another option.

Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: April 13, 2012 06:20AM

Eh. Never mind.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.