HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Is it me or the gremlins?
Posted by: harmusman (82.34.206.---)
Date: March 11, 2012 04:53PM

Have recently added two tabs, Success! All fired up and now another song do I tabb up. Use same routine. Microsoft words, highlight, copy, paste, into add tab box, the result! a tabb song of instructions on what font size, how many spaces used with numbering all over the place.angry smiley now resting try again later.eye popping smiley

Have just done a retry! a completely diffrent result song has come up in a couple of long lines of text with no tabb numbers eye popping smiley angry smiley confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2012 06:24PM by harmusman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is it me or the gremlins?
Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: March 12, 2012 01:09AM

Turn that darn Advanced Editor OFF!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2012 01:11AM by gene.

Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: March 12, 2012 01:45PM

That sounds like Microsoft Word acting up. It doesn't play nice with HTML editors all of the time. That is why I never use it to do work that will end up on a webpage. I am working on something which could remove the need to do that but it isn't done yet.

Date: March 12, 2012 04:56PM

Gene is that me then, I haven't ever used the advanced tab editor to my knowledge.

Thanks dj or Nick, I will store my tabbings till later and try another time. Just letting you know I have done other tabbs before through microsoft words, copy and paste before, then my only probs have been with the spacing between lines and size of text.

Tried to sort this with no result, have ended with badly aligned tabbs and needing to see them on magnification. Have left them on, hoping that members will understand the difficulties and compensate my inadequacies.

Date: March 12, 2012 08:33PM

You can disable that advanced tab editor by click the link above the textarea.

Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: March 13, 2012 09:03AM

Yeah, What Nick said. If you haven't been using it "to your knowledge", then you've probably been using it without your knowledge.

Date: March 16, 2012 07:39AM

I'll tell you something I do know "I don't feel like playing now"

Posted by: yukon (24.144.160.---)
Date: March 22, 2012 08:16AM

Maybe you can try this, it works for me, (my problem was that I always got double spacing between my lines), Using Microsoft Word set margins at 0" left and 4.25" right,(I have a file saved with those settings so I don't have to set it up each time) set font to courier new and size to 12. I usually just copy and paste lyrics into Word (in which case I hightlight the lyrics and click clear formatting and then set the font and size), but if typing in the lyrics when I get to the end of a line I hit "enter" and do not let it automatically drop down to next line. After adding the numbers above the lines of text I then copy and paste that into Notepad, which is in the accessories menu. From there I copy that and paste into the add a tab box, highlight the entire tab, then I click on clear formatting, then I set the font to courier new and the size to 3(12pt) and then I click "save song" and my tabs come out looking correct. It is extra work but as long as it works at least I can keep posting tabs. Hopefully this helps you also.

Date: March 22, 2012 03:30PM

That is why I always recommend using notepad to start with since it doesn't have any formatting to begin with.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.