HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
New Problem with Superscripts
Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (76.251.179.---)
Date: February 09, 2012 06:29PM

Nick, there's a problem with utilizing the superscripts. I'm trying to post Rondo Alla Turca, which has a lot of grace notes in it, and even though I'm using the "Formatting code" button, every time I use the superscripts button to create superscripted numbers (to be grace notes), and even though it comes out fine here on the phorum, when all is copied from here and pasted into the website's Add a Tab window, the auto-processing of the website automatically drops down a line after each superscript (open-bracket sup close-bracket, then the numbers, then open-bracket slash sup closed-bracket) is used! Makes for a very jumbled, difficult if not impossible to read, tab. sad smiley

Could you please fix that? Can you make it to where the auto-formatting of the website does not drop down a line after superscripts are used? I've got three versions of Rondo Alla Turca (Turkish March) ready to post smiling bouncing smiley if you could just fix that problem.

And, (this is probably not related to the problem, but) remember some folks (like me) having a problem with the website creating what almost looks like double spacing in the tabs? Well, I noticed in the new 2010 Word default formatting that under the "Page Layout" tab in the "Paragraph" section under "spacing", the default setting is "10". When this is not reset to "0", that's when things look as though they're double spaced. If this is reset to "0", everything comes out looking normal. Is there something akin to this in your formatting codes? Just trying to help resolve the odd....

Thanks in advance smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Problem with Superscripts
Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: February 09, 2012 10:06PM

Did you post the song? I would need to look at it to see what is going on.

Date: February 09, 2012 11:37PM

Yes, I did, but it was so messed up I took it back down.

I take it I need to repost it so you can try and figure out what's going on?

Just out of curiosity, should I also post it here (in this thread) so you can see what it's supposed to look like?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2012 11:39PM by EarthDogHarpin.

Date: February 10, 2012 01:58PM

I would post it on the site and just put up the link here so I can take a look.

Date: February 10, 2012 02:52PM

Okay, Rondo Alla Turca aka Turkish March (12 hole Chromatic) is up, but it's really stretched out and the grace notes don't connect with the notes that they should be in front of. Even though the grace notes do appear in superscript, like I'd intended them to (didn't have a problem with that) it's the dropping down a full line immediatly afterwards that's (to me anyway) FUBARed.

With the site's (guessing 10 point spacing?) "appearance of double spacing" between the grace notes and the following note, it really doesn't make much sense and is extrememly difficult to read. NOT reader-friendly like I'd hoped. sad smiley

Help? Please?

Thank you for at least taking the time to look at it. I really do appreciate it.

P.S. If you're going to be able to fix it, should I go ahead and post the two Diatonic versions (so you can fix them, too, while you're at it)?

Date: February 11, 2012 07:24AM

Please email me the correct version. I want to eliminate any filtering which may be done automatically by the site. Also if I can fix this when you put up the other ones it will just work so I would hold off on putting them up.

Date: February 11, 2012 02:15PM

Okay. The email has been sent.

Thank you.

Date: February 13, 2012 08:08PM

I just cut and pasted the tab you sent me and it went in fine and I was able to view it. Please try again and let me know if it still is not working for you.

I did update the program which is used to add the advanced features to editing tabs so maybe that fixed your problem.

Date: February 15, 2012 07:00PM

Not fixed yet.

Tried posting Rondo Alla Turca aka Turkish March (Diatonic Solo) (for an A harp using 1st and 10th positions) with just copy/paste from the Word document and got too many blank lines inserted. SO, tried backspacing out all the extra blank lines, and spaces at the end of lines with text in them, and that didn't work either, plus, when I tried to take out all the extra blank lines, the system dropped down a line after the superscripts again.

SOOO, came here, did it the old fashioned way using the Preview pane and copying from that, then pasting that into the Add a Tab window in the website, and the second time around, it came out alright. (YEAH!)
smiling bouncing smiley

As an aside, is there any way to put in a "Preview" pane in the Add A Tab function (like we have here)?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2012 08:44PM by EarthDogHarpin.

Date: February 15, 2012 08:26PM

Went ahead and posted Rondo Alla Turca aka Turkish March (Dia. Solo C/A/C/A) (using a C harp, than an A harp, then C, then A). Did it first here, then copied from the Preview pane, and pasted that into the Add A Tab window and just hit "save tab" to see what would happen. Had all those blank lines again. So, hit "edit this tab", did the placing of the cursor above eadh line with text in it and backspaced until the cursor wound up at the end of the line of text above it (ten hits of the backspace button, consistantly) then hit the spacebar.

Then hit the "save tab".

It actually came out pretty good. I'm happy with it. And, oddly enough, the system didn't drop down a line after each superscript. Wierdosities upon wierdosities.

Date: February 15, 2012 09:24PM

I did update the "program" which everything gets formatted through so maybe that is what is making it work better.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.