HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Completely locked out
Posted by: ,,, (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: December 26, 2011 11:34PM

Holy crap, does it say my name is ,,,? That's weird.

That is me, but I'm currently signed in with a different account named "helme" because my ,,, account cannot do a damn thing. Things I cannot do:

post or edit tabs
post on the forum
Send messages
Send an email from the contact us page

I am completely locked out of being able to do anything. I just get a "404" message telling me I may need to log in. But I am logged in. So I created a new account to see if it would at least let me post so I'd actually have a way to ask for help. And I think it's working, but I have no idea why it's saying my name is ,,,, that is just weird. If I click on "my account" it clearly says "helpme"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Completely locked out
Date: December 26, 2011 11:41PM

And now I'm using my ,,, account again, and I think it's suddenly working now? Somehow signing in as someone different signed me in as ,,, and everything is fixed now? I think? I'm not sure what will happen when I sign in to post a tab, this is just bizarre. That problem I described above has been going on for more than a day. I tried doing all of that, I tried signing out and signing back in, etc., but none of that worked. I am completely lost as to why signing in as someone different instead signed me into this account and fixed things... maybe. I'll try to post something and see what happens.

EDIT: Yeah.... crap. I just tried signing in with my old account info, and even though I was signed in, I got that error message if I tried to do anything. So I signed out of that and back into helpme... and now it's having me post as ,,, ... I have no idea. Oh, and it looks like neither helpme nor ,,, is getting "credit" for making these posts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2011 11:46PM by ,,,.

Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: December 27, 2011 12:07AM

Sounds like your browser is caching things incorrectly. I would clear your cookies and browser history... You may also need to reset your saved passwords.

Date: December 27, 2011 12:23AM

ok, well this is an improvement. It's letting me post songs. We'll see if it lets me post to the forum in a minute.

It's still not letting me do the main thing I want to do though, although the error message is different.

I'm trying to edit one of my songs because apparently anytime you edit something with an apostrophe in the song or artist line, everything after that apostrophe gets erased and needs to be filled back in. I neglected to do that when I went back and made on of my tabs more readable a few days ago, and as a result I have a song called "Ain." (Instead of "Ain't That Loving You Baby).

I'm not getting the same 404 "log in" error, now it's just saying "error editing song" in red. No explanation given, no idea what I need to do to make it work. Posting new songs, again, seems to be working fine now. (Edit: as does posting to the forum. Although my post count still isn't going up. Does it take time for that to kick in?).

EDIT: It's letting me edit other songs, just not that one. No idea why, no explanation given.

EDIT again: apparently it lets me do it without the apostrophe. That's odd, because I know for a fact I've edited songs and had to re-add all the stuff after the apostrophe, apostrophe included. But apparently this time it won't let me. I'd like to be able to though, just for the sake of consistency.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2011 01:54AM by ,,,.

Date: December 27, 2011 02:18PM

Due to the hacker attack apostrophes in song titles may have been automatically blocked. That may have been causing the original problem, I will look into the problem you are having right now... I think it is an easy fix.

Date: December 27, 2011 02:49PM

I have made some changes which will handle the apostrophes better... The way the code was written before the apostrophe was basically causing the rest of the title to bleed through to the html coding. I have changed it now to work with them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.