HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
"Disappearing" Posts
Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (76.251.187.---)
Date: December 12, 2011 07:18PM

For several months now I've had a problem with "disappearing" posts. They're all actually still here, they're just not being counted (and the points associated with those posts also vanish...) and thus don't show up on my account. Nick has fixed it several times, but it keeps happening. Apparently the counter times out, repeatedly, at the same point. It keeps going back to the same incorrect number of Posts, which is slightly more than 80 posts shy of what I actually have....

To the best of Nick's knowledge, nobody else is having this problem (or if they are they haven't reported it).

So I'm asking: Has anyone else noticed this, or had a similar problem with, their accounts and 'disappearing' posts, or songs, or points for that matter? And if so, have you noticed if it keeps reverting back to the same (incorrect) number? And, if you have noticed this with your account/songs/posts/points, does it self correct after a little while (as in "within a day" )?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Disappearing" Posts
Posted by: ,,, (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: December 12, 2011 11:24PM

It happens to me to. I ignore it and it fixes itself in about a day.

Date: December 14, 2011 09:01PM

Appreciate the feedback, thank you.

I do believe the problem is fixed now. smiling smiley

Date: December 28, 2011 01:59AM

And now we're back to 318. Again. eye rolling smiley

Well, pooh.

Anybody else have their Post count missing a few?... or a lot? (!)

Date: December 28, 2011 03:37AM

I saw it happening to me too the other day. I also noticed that I was actually losing tab views too. Yes, I'm sure. I keep my profile up, then I open another in a new window the next day or so and compare to see which songs are making the largest gains. I triple, checked to make sure I was really seeing a decrease on the more recent profile, and sure enough I was.

Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: December 28, 2011 06:01PM

Forum posts are one thing those are calculated automatically... but tab views could be a problem. What tab did you see a decrease in and how much was it by?

Posted by: meanon (---.107-92.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: December 28, 2011 06:07PM

Yes I notice this quite alot. I have though that it due to my time zone. A lot ot the server tasks which run at night (night US time that is) are actually running during the day here. So I sometimes see a lower number of forum posts than I have actually achieved. This in turn may cause my rank to shift between "website fan" and "contributer" because this ranking is partly dependent on the number of forum posts. But it has never bothered me because it seems to correct itself.

Date: December 29, 2011 09:13AM

djlactose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Forum posts are one thing those are calculated
> automatically... but tab views could be a problem.
> What tab did you see a decrease in and how much
> was it by?

Sorry, I didn't record it. I know I saw it with one of my Elvis songs at the top of my list and one or two other songs below that. I didn't really take note of it because I assumed it would correct itself just like the forum post problem, and it probably has. If I ever see it again I'll take some screenshots. But again, whatever it is probably fixes(d) itself.

Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: December 29, 2011 02:54PM

It could be a caching thing with your browser but views can't be recalculated like forum posts. If the view number goes down there is no way to figure out what it should be at.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.