HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Wider Column Needed--Seriously
Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: November 23, 2011 07:47PM

Nick,
Click on "show more" under "largest contributors." Look at Walt's points. He'll soon need a wider "points" column.

Walt,
WOW!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wider Column Needed--Seriously
Posted by: WaltP (---.pghkny.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 23, 2011 11:31PM

Now if I could just figure a way to sell them I could take that vacation I've always wanted.

Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: November 25, 2011 05:48PM

I think that would be a very nice vacation!

Posted by: ,,, (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: November 27, 2011 12:12PM

I don't even get how the point system works. For the most part I just assumed everyone accumulated some points per day, so join dates explained how people who were clearly larger contributors were behind people who have done less. Then I just noticed...

Sika 2009-01-07 15:01:19

silveira 2006-09-22 12:09:10

So number 46 has an equal number of forum posts, 18 more songs, /and/ joined about 3 years earlier than number 44, and is somehow more than 300 points behind. What?

It's not really an issue to me, I'm just saying I'm not sure how useful this thing is in the current state anyway.

Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: November 28, 2011 02:46AM

You get points for the number of views, too.
I don't know the details, though.

Date: November 29, 2011 12:45PM

The idea is to encourage people to contribute. So you get the most points for posting a tab, you get less points for posting a forum post.

To encourage people to post "good" content people get bonus points if they post something that is popular.

Posted by: harmusman (---.hari.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: December 05, 2011 03:42PM

All this point scoring just doesn't add up. No names but there is one individual who has put up 36 tabs and 1 post. His tabs are invariably short on the song and he then tells you you can find the full version on his website! and to go there. For this he is listed as a SUPER CONTRIBUTOR. Points scoring, no point! just get your tab on, enjoy it, and hope others do too and while your about it enjoy everyone elses effort.

Date: December 05, 2011 04:23PM

The reason for those tabs are that someone stole them off of his website and re-posted them here. As a fix for this he created an account and was assigned the tabs which were stolen. The tabs which were stolen are also on the most popular of all times list of tabs.

Date: December 05, 2011 06:45PM

Aahh so that's the reason, somebodies have gone to his web, lifted his tabbings, of songs, written and composed by other people. What gives him ownership of a tabbing? I don't think he has done any different to anyone else, in fact I can find tabbings of songs he has done in other locations whose to say they are his. Have I got this correct? are you telling me he has been awarded points for tabs he says he has done because they are on his website. Want that we all could do this. We'd all be super contributors.

Makes me wonder if we all could be in trouble though. You've only got to have Paul ......... contacting you to say tabbings that have been taken from his songs are his, and been stolen by people on any web where ever.

No names but we know who we are talking about and these points (not collective) have been made by others, not just me. Anyway Nick, Webmaster, it's still a great site, so as I said lets just enjoy, and keep on Harpin. Whose bothered about point collecting.

Date: December 05, 2011 07:17PM

The few times this has occurred we have asked for proof that the tabs were tabbed by them and there were certain styles and marks used by the tabber. This used to have the entire tab up and a link to them but they edited it to what you see now to try and draw more hits to their website.

The other time this has been done we just transferred the tab to the user account of the person in question and they left the tab as it was.

I believe it has been just those two times and the proof they provided was quite clear and their sites had pre-dated this site in both cases (I had myself on to their sites before building this).

Date: December 05, 2011 08:40PM

Sorry Nick, I think I am getting the idea of whats gone before but I still don't think one can claim ownership of a Tab. I think I will have a look at the few tabs I have entered on this site and see if I have a particular style of . , < " * -5 +5 and claim them as mine, Cole Porter may not mind. For now I will keep on Tabbing with my little contribution because I love it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.