HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
No backward slashes in tab.
Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: September 11, 2011 05:28AM

I posted a tab for the first time in this new format. I clickeed the toggle button to use the old format, but my \ don't show up. I need them. Can ya fix it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No backward slashes in tab.
Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: September 12, 2011 02:07PM

The problem with the \ is it is an escape character so my guess is it thinks you are trying to escape something. Now I assume you put this together in the new interface and it removed the slashes automatically then when you tried the toggle they still didn't show up... I just want to make sure I understand the issue so I can look into it.

Date: September 12, 2011 06:28PM

I've been reading about other peoples' problems and solutions. I had my original tab in MS Works and I copy/pasted it into Word Pad. Then I opened the tab box, saw the fancy stuff and turned that fancy stuff off. Then I copy/pasted from Word Pad to the box...No more back slashes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2011 06:30PM by gene.

Date: September 13, 2011 04:18PM

I believe turning off the fancy stuff is what gave you the problem... I will look into it.

Date: September 15, 2011 09:12PM

I have looked at the code slashes are automatically added and removed as a security measure... but the site has always done that. I don't see any reason why yours would be removed for any reason... I am going to keep looking at it and see if I can find something.

Date: September 16, 2011 12:20AM

Thank you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.