HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Cracked it! tab adding.
Posted by: harmusman (---.hari.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: August 28, 2011 01:22PM

I have managed to get a tab added. Done like this, I am using windows XP with Microsoft words New Courier font size 12 typed up restricting to 42 text letter spaces with no space between lines. When done save to your PC then highlight text and click copy then go into Harptabs site "add a tab" enter title of song etc then hit the paste button on text window paste symbol.When done you don't touch it any more, but go to homepage your latest addition will be listed in Newest songs, click on it to see and check. The text in my opinion is put up rather small but it is now spaced for ease of reading. You maybe able to get this text larger by raising your font size in your own windows when you are writing it up. I will be experimenting later but for now Im not Touching it. Hope you like it its 2 verses of a ver cleverly written song and simple to play. It is listed in A-Z at J #227 When I say restrict yourself to 42 text spaces I mean 42 or under it is your choice as to phraising and how you lay out the measures/bars of the song if you go over 42 you will find that when it gets onto Harptabs it will have moved into fresh lines and this messes up your sync between lyrics and tab numbers/notation

Well some time has passed, and I have entered other songs and a chart.
The text size remains small and the space between lines is still confusing but thats it, others will just have to sort their way round it. I've done the best I can do for the moment.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2012 02:59PM by harmusman.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.