HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Copy-Paste problem
Posted by: WaltP (---.pghkny.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 25, 2011 01:33AM

If I highlight the body of a song from this site and try to copy and paste it onto Word the numbers don't line up with the words. Is there any possibility of fixing that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Copy-Paste problem
Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: July 25, 2011 03:41AM

I've always had that problem. All I could do is fix it by hand.

Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: July 25, 2011 11:48AM

There is nothing we can do about that, it is your word settings which is causing that problem.

Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: July 25, 2011 04:20PM

I kinda figured that, but even when I set it to Courier New font, when I paste Word pastes it any way it wants to.

Posted by: WaltP (---.pghkny.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 25, 2011 04:27PM

This "problem" is somewhat new, because I've downloaded a lot of songs that lined up correctly.

Date: July 25, 2011 05:01PM

I am not sure why any of this would have changed, we have not really changed anything which should change the display of tabs.

Posted by: JonnyPeter (---.dsl.telepac.pt)
Date: August 29, 2011 01:16PM

Use NOTEPAD instead

It's much simpler and it's easier to copy from notepad to the website when you want to post a tab.
And you can also set the notepad font to courier new

hot smileyRe: Copy-Paste problem
Posted by: WaltP (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 29, 2011 06:44PM

Dude it worked!! That makes you a genius in my book. I highlighted a song and copied it to notepad than set word at courier and pasted from notepad to word and friggin voila it lined up. Thanks genius JohnnyPeter!!!

Posted by: harmusman (---.hari.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: August 29, 2011 11:11PM

having problems then Walt, as we all are, I have put up how I overcame, have a look at my post "Cracked it! tab adding"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2011 11:13PM by harmusman.

Date: September 01, 2011 01:50PM

I have been without power since the hurricane came through New York (I still don't have any power made it to my day job today where come on here). Is this issue resolved for everyone now?

Posted by: harmusman (---.hari.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: September 01, 2011 11:03PM

For me I have now been able to get a tab onto the site by copy and paste, but the result has come on in rather smaller text than I transmitted. Could I improve this by sizing up my font text in my words processor or is what comes on site controlled at harptabs end?

Posted by: yukon (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: September 02, 2011 08:35AM

I used JonnyPeter's suggestion of using notepad (thanks for the info Jonny) and it worked as all the extra spacing between the lines are gone.

Date: September 02, 2011 03:50PM

You would need to play with the font size on each end. If you are using an anti-alias font it shouldn't matter when you change the size in either place but I recommend testing it out to see what happens.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.